Chapter 1: New Challenge

Even if no one is doing it; right is always right and wrong is always wrong. Even though the whole world is doing it, it does not mean it is right. The right rules will never be wrong even though no one is practicing it; and the wrong rules will never be right though everyone is practicing on it.

Justice will always be prevailed.

The storms had been rumbling in the middle of the city, lightning had been clashing through the dark skies, and the pitter patter of the rain could be heard throughout the city. Everyone was busy walking towards their home as it was almost past seven. Some were even rushing home to spend time with their family.

Edward Roche, a thirty two year old lawyer, was still sitting in her office flipping through pages of books, looking through past cases to pass her time. It was one of her favourite hobbies. Looking at the past cases, she could learn the mistakes some lawyers had made in some cases. She sighed closing the nearest file as she swings her legs to the side, getting up to place the file back into the correct shelf. She clearly knew that looking back will not bring her anywhere but internally, she felt that it was a way to connect to the future.

To be the best in the future, you need to learn from the past, learn the mistakes people had made, so you could perceive and make a better life for everyone.

The past was a good lesson to learn. She envied some of the best lawyers in the past specifically, Abraham Lincoln.

Picking up her glass of coffee which had been sitting down on the table for the past half an hour, she arranged her steps towards the window looking out through the streets of the cities. She noticed a man paying a policeman some amount of money. Taking another sip of coffee, she noticed that the man had parked in a non parking spot. The policeman was denying the money but in the end he accepted the offer when the man took out another large sum of money. Edward sighed as she shook her head.

Money had been people's new God. Corruption is a new way for everything. Even among society, money is now the new life saver. She was very sure that people had stopped looking up to God as they were all blinded by money. Justice is no longer in line. Corruption, bribery, greed, dishonesty, intolerance and disloyalty had been human's new way of life.

What happened to the people who had been so kind to each other? What happened to the past histories where people would stand up for justice? It was all wiped away like a huge virus breakout leaving none of the old candidates to enjoy this modern era.

"Still looking over at the roadside bribe?" A voice spoke up breaking the silence of the atmosphere.

Edward spun her heels and came eye to eye with her best friend, Samantha who was placing a new stack of files on the table. Samantha was her best friend since high school. Like her, Samantha prevail justice just as much as she would do. Shifting her gaze towards the pile of flies, Edward settled her cup of coffee down, picking up a file and nodded.

"Yes." Edward answered shortly looking through the details in the printed paper, "I am not doing this." Edward said placing the file down.

Samantha eyes widen looking towards her friend who picked up the file. Of course she had read it but she found nothing wrong about it, nothing wrong which had broken the rules of the country or the world.

"Why?" Samantha asked sitting down on the couch, "It offered a big sum of money in this case."

Edward chuckled hearing her friend's words as she sat down pushing her strand of ebony hair backwards. Breathing in the air around her, Edward took out a pen and began writing down something.

"Money is never a problem, Samantha. You know I don't care even if they don't pay." Edward replied settling her pen down as she pointed towards the file her friend was holding, "You do realize that our client had stated that he wanted all the property back from his wife, don't you? There is nothing in the world we do not have to let go, Samantha. What about his wife? Kids? He had two kids!" Edward said raising her eyebrows, "If he takes everything, it's wrong according to humanity!"