Chapter 3: Justice

'A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat determination and hard work'

When Edward had got the letter from the court mentioning the date of the case, Edward had worked the best to have all the evidence prepared. Personally, she was worried about what she was going to do today. She had never been so anxious in anything but today things seemed to be different. Placing her left arm across her forehead, she switched off the blaring alarm which was next to her. She sat up pushing her hair backwards thinking of the case which she would be having in court today. Her eyes were dark as she had not got enough sleep due to the new evidences she had got. She was only given three days to settle all her evidence. When her alarm clock gave another ring, Edward shut it off pulling herself up. She got a cold bath and got ready her attire. Her firm will be close today as Samantha will be following her to the court. Damon took a day off too today to drive both his younger sister and her friend to the court. Besides, he had some work to be done there too. After getting herself ready, Edward got herself a cup of coffee as she arranged all the evidence in a thick file ready for the day. It will be a long day; that is for sure. After having her breakfast, she cleaned up the place. Many things were running in her mind. She was hoping she could get a break after this case. This case is one of the fastest cases which needed to be settle after so long years of her job.

When Damon had arrived, Edward took everything she needed and stepped inside the car. Samantha threw her a huge smile as she watched her best friend stepped in.

"You looked so tired." Samantha said earning no reply from her best friend and then continued, "You did not take my advice and get rest." Samantha muttered.

Edward chuckled holding her friend's palm, "My dear, when we get this case settled, I can sleep as long as I want and have all the sleep I need."

Samantha chuckled as she pat her friend's palm. Damon chuckled at their friendship. He marveled the friendship Samantha had with Edward. It was very unique and that was what everyone wanted. 22 years. It wasn't easy to maintain. They had been honest with each other no matter what situation they had been through. He cannot deny that. Even he himself could not have keep his friendship that long. Both of them trusted each other more than anyone else on this planet. Daman drove them to the court. There were many people there especially the reporters. They were rushing towards their car when they parked their car.

"Guess it is a bigger show today?" Samantha asked putting on her sunglasses.

"Bigger." Edward said putting on her sunglasses too.

The three of them stepped out of the car together. Without even having time to prepare themselves, the reporters rushed towards them throwing huge questions. Edward herself ignored all the questions until the one of them threw a question.

"Mr. Tony is paying a huge amount of money for you. Are you willing to do it for the large sum?" He asked.

Edward stopped her tracks plastering a huge smile on her face as she looked up at all of them, "No. I hold on to my principles very firmly."

Without answering more, she walked up the stairs with Samantha and Damon up to the court. There were many reporters there. Edward was actually preparing for the worst since she did not know who the plaintiff was. Walking into the court, she saw another lawyer. Richard.

Richard was one of the students back in law school. Look like this will be a huge discussion. Edward was preparing for the worst. She took her seat on the front row, the row next to Richard. Richard was throwing her a huge smile as they all bow in respect when the judge walked in. Samantha had took out all the records she had placing it on the table. Tony was sitting in the other side while the judge spoke up telling them to start the case.