After Countdown

On the Dark Fortress, Andros was involved in a severe battle with

Astronema. She was about to deliver the final blow to her brother. He

picked up his Spiral Saber and blocked her shot. It reflected and hit

her. She dropped to the ground, still.

"Karone? No!" Andros went to his sister's side. She had no pulse, and

wasn't breathing.

Ecliptor chose that moment to walk in. "Astronema! My sweet princess,

you were like a daughter to me." He turned towards the Red Ranger in

hate. "You will pay for this!"

Andros fought with Ecliptor, the agony of losing his sister giving him

strength.

"Andros, you must destroy my energy tube!" Zordon commanded.

Andros brought his Saber down on the tube. It shattered, sending a

Brilliant white light out into the universe. On the Dark Fortress Ecliptor turned to dust. On Triforia, all the evil beings were turned to dust except Zedd and Rita. They were turned into ordinary humans. On Aquitar, the same happened with Divatox. On Earth, the Quantrons vanished and the Rangers were demorphed. They all looked around in wonder.

In the midst of the congratulations from the people of Angel Grove, Cassie pulled Ashley over to the side.

"Any word?" she asked.

Ashley shook her head sadly. "I don't think he's coming back."

Just then the Dark Fortress started to land on Earth. Everyone looked in shock as the plank extended. Andros walked down, carrying a still Astronema in

his arms. He set her down with her head in his lap and rocks her back and forth, tears streaming down his face. The rangers gather around them.

"I killed her," Andros mumbled, "I killed her. No! She isn't dead! She can't be. I couldn't have killed her. She can't be dead." Andros said, and the rangers looked on with sympathy, while the citizens of Angel Grove stood in confusion and watched.

"Why is he crying over the enemy?" some people asked

"Why did he bring her down here?" other people asked.

"What is going on?" more people asked.

Andros looked up at Ashley and asked, "Why? Why did this have to happen now?"

Ashley shook her head softly and said, "I don't know why. I don't know why she was kidnapped, why she turned out to be your enemy, or why this had to happen. But I do know everything is done for a reason. Maybe it's to teach us not to take our lives for granted."

"But why her? Why couldn't it have been me instead?" Andros asked. He continues to sob for a few minutes then he looked up at the sky as if speaking to someone higher than him, like a god. "Why? Why did it have to be like this? Why did it have to be her? She deserved to live. Let Karone Live! Please don't take her!" He yelled.

TJ who was standing by walked up to him.

"Andros, it's over. She's gone." TJ told him sadly.

"No it isn't." Andros yelled at TJ. "I won't give up! She wouldn't give up on me."

Now more of the citizens of Angel Grove were becoming uncomfortable and still confused. One rude man shouted at the rangers. "What is going on here? Why is he crying? Because he killed the enemy? That is the point of war."