Chapter Six

One minute you were walking on the clouds, dodging the minor holes that you might have fallen through had you not been vigilant. The next you were falling from the skies, trying to clutch onto everything you'd built within the last year, yet there was nothing.

You didn't see Jungkook for the rest of the day. You'd switched your phone off during the photoshoot so that you wouldn't be disturbed, so at nine o'clock when you turned your phone back on, you were bombarded with notifications, missed calls and text messages from all seven members of Bangtan, not just Namjoon. Everything felt so strange, and you couldn't quite figure out what was wrong.

You jumped at your phone ringing, not expecting the sudden loud noise and pop up. It was Namjoon. "___?" He asked immediately. His voice was deep and cracking.

"Joonie, what's wrong?"

"Oh thank God. Have you seen the news?"

"No, why?"

"I'll tell you when you come to mine. Please don't check anywhere online. This is something that needs to come from me."

"Namjoon, you're scaring me. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm sending Yongsik with the car to come and pick you up. He's almost there. You know I love you, right?"

"Of course. I love you too."

Namjoon didn't say goodbye. You had suspicions that he was crying so he couldn't say it. You were terrified to say the least. You had no idea what was going on but all you knew was that something bad had happened and he wasn't telling you what it was. You could have screamed in frustration. 

50 missed calls from Namjoon, 100 texts. Situated in the middle of the notification centre was the dreaded article that Namjoon had asked you not to look at. But you did. You saw the headline. And there was no going back now. You pressed the notification leading to the article, your heart pounding in your chest and tears threatening to spill over. This can't be true. There must be some kind of mistake. Haneul's mum died when he was 15-months, you were sure of it. Namjoon told you so.

The article told you everything you didn't want to know. Haneul's name was right there in digitally printed letters, along with a photograph of him being held by Namjoon when he was a baby. Namjoon and his partner at the time... wait... Minji? This can't be right. Why was Minji there at Haneul's birth? Unless... no... it couldn't be. Tears streamed from your eyes as you continued to read the article. Someone you considered to be a friend spouting the biggest bullshit you've seen in a while all about the two men in your life whom you absolutely adored. She told everyone that she and Haneul and her were incredibly close and that she was about to give love a second try with Namjoon. They were due to split with their current partners to be together. That was when your heart broke. Namjoon had called you to break up with you. He'd called you out of courtesy. You weren't supposed to read the article because he wanted to tell you in person. At least he was decent, you couldn't deny that.