Promise-Colby

I'm sitting in my room the next morning when Harmony comes and sits next to me  I bury my face in knees.

"Colby," She says resting her hand on my knee. Slowly, I turn my face to look at her. Her face is twisted in concern for me. I can't help but feel bad for making her worry about me but I can't help it.

"Ya," I say quietly as I lean my back against the wall and hug my knees to my chest while closing my eyes.

"What's been up with you lately? Besides your leg, Something's bothering you," She says while taking my clenched hand and prying it open until she could hold it.

I open one eye to look at her, but she's not looking at me. She's looking at the scar running around my hand. Sighing, I close my eyes then open them.

"I've been looking for my brother Lee. Day after tomorrow is his birthday and I promised him a long time ago I would find him for his sixteenth, but I've had absolutely no luck with finding him." I admit quietly and I feel totally open. Like someone stripped me down to my boxers and left me that way...I feel vulnerable and I can't do anything about it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell anyone, that way if I failed in finding Lee, no one would know besides me but that just went down the drain.

Harmony squeezes my hand bringing my attention back to her as she looks at me with kind green eyes. She leans in brushing my long curls out of my face before kissing me.

"We'll find him, Colby," She says before kissing me again.

"Promise?" I ask quietly.

"I promise you, Colby. We'll find Lee, baby," She says tangling her finger in my hair and kissing me again. This time I kiss her back.

A/N
Short, sweet chapter.