Chapter 1

"See you tomorrow" my best friend Alyssa said as she walked to her red convertible while her high pony tail bobbed crazily. We met in 6th grade and didn't talk to each other, then on the first day of 7th grade we sat at lunch together and that was the first day of many days of an awesome friendship. Now we were both in 12th grade at Pebble Brooke High School. PebbleBrooke was a performing arts high school, both of us going for drama and singing classes.

I walked to my dark blue hummer and set my books down on the hood to get my keys out. On my drive home I noticed a moving truck in the drive way of house #126 at the end of my cul-de-sac. I remember the people that used to live there. I wonder who is going to move in? Probably a snobby kid who just moved out of Harvard like Richard that lives down that street that just moved in 4 months ago. I absolutely hate him. He taunts me every chance he gets.

I park in my driveway and start walking towards the door. Once I get inside I let the dog out and make some pizza rolls because I'm always hungry! I mean if I ever get a boyfriend which I doubt I will, I hope he can cook! After eating I start to do my homework. All of a sudden my phone starts to play 'American Idiot' breaking my train of thought. Knowing exactly who it was, I picked it it up and answered immediately.

"Hey Alyssa!"

"Hey, whatcha doing?"

"Nothing,just Ms. Robinson's stupid math homework. I hate that class so much!"

"Me too. Hey did you hear. We are getting a new kid! I'm not joking at all! A new kid!"

Now I know Alyssa sounds a little over excited, but living in a rich neighborhood we don't get a lot of new people in our neighborhood or at school and when there is someone new they aren't cute at all or it's a girl and they try to be the top girl at school. Which is pretty annoying, but I don't care. I'm not the prettiest girl and I don't want to be all snobby and stuck up like the girls that go to my school.

"Oh my god! That's so cool. I wonder if it's going to be a girl or a boy?"

"I don't know? I hope a cute guy!" I could tell she was smiling through the phone.