Reunion: Bonus

Inspired By @amberkoop

Before V and Kir got married...

I stare out the window, counting the clouds and matching each one to shapes. That one looked like an ice cream cone. And that one like a strawberry.

A sudden pang of sorrow shoots through me as I press my forehead against the cool glass of the window.

I'd used to lie down on the grassy meadow with my mom, and point out each cloud. Of course I'd only been so young and childish back then, but it had been a special memory that I always kept close to my heart.

I'd tried to forget.

I wasn't allowed to visit my mother so why let those memories bother me? But then I felt stupid and pathetic for trying to just simply throw away those times we'd had together.

What a good daughter you are, Kirelei. Your mother deserves a daughter better than you.

"Kirelei?"

I jump like fifteen miles at V's sudden presence beside me, wincing when I accidentally bop my head against the hard frame of the window. V's face crumples in laughter as I rub the sore spot.

"Stupid idiot." I mutter under my breath as he fixes an intense gaze on my side profile. His blue eyes glitter in amusement as he reaches down to caress my head, smoothing down my dark hair.

"But you still love me."

Stupid but true.

"What do you want, V?" I groan playfully, dragging his name on as long as my lungs would let me. He gets annoyed when I do this, so I personally made it my daily routine to do this at least once per hour.

His face creases into a frown before he pinches my cheeks, stretching them apart.

"Chipmunks are cute, not disrespectful."

Disrespectful?

"Since when do I have to be respectful to you?" I giggle lightly— well as I try. Getting your cheeks stretched and trying to laugh at the same time turns out to be not an easy feat.

"Kirelei, do you miss your mother?"

Well that was random?

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I saw your face a minute earlier, and you're the easiest person to read, Kirelei."

"Oh," My face falls, giving V the answer that he needed. His lips purse together as he leans back with his arms crossed, which is the sign of him running that super smart brain of his.

"We'll go see her this Friday."

What?

"Really?" I look at him, doe eyes growing wider. "Are you serious?"

"I'm not joking. You know I don't joke, Kir." When he says that, my heart leaps up in ecstasy and I wrap my arms around his lean figure.

"Thank you so much— what can I do to pay you back—" At my excited face, he laughs deeply and draws me closer into his chest.

"Kiss me."

Time Skip

My heart beats nervously as I grip V's hand tighter. The door that I went out to buy groceries three years ago is right here, right now.

Am I dreaming?

"It's okay, Kir." He squeezes back comfortingly. "It's your mother. She won't care about whether you're an assassin, a killer, or a girl with a disorder." His voice sounds bitter as he speaks, and now I feel like I should be the one comforting him.

He doesn't have a mother. Or a father. Or family.

"You have me, V." I smile brightly at him as I add. "And you have bunny and Lisa too. You're not alone— I'll personally make sure that you never be, okay?"

"You're so cute." He kisses the top of my head, making my face flush red.

"Now be brave."

I nod, taking deep breaths to cool off my red face. I need to look composed and mature, not like some kid that ran a mile.

And then I ring the doorbell.

The familiar chime rings throughout the house, and I hear a soft pitter patter of footsteps coming nearer and nearer with every passing second.

Skies, what do I say?

What do I do?

And then the door opens to reveal my mom. I hadn't realized I'd missed her so much until I laid my eyes upon her familiar almond eyes, her beautiful earrings that she always wore. Our father had given it to her before the day that he had died, and she'd never taken it off.

"Kirelei."

My mother breathes, her eyes widening in shock. Even though she has a couple of white strands mixed into her hair, and the signs of old age are beginning to show, nothing has changed. The warmth of her gaze is still there, and that's all it takes for me to pull her into a tight hug.

"Oh, thank the Lord— my darling Kirelei." She's sobbing now, her body wracking underneath my arms. I hold her firmly, trying to swallow down the lump in my throat as I pat her back for reassurance.

When she finally looks up, only then she seems to notice V. I have to bite back a giggle when I turn my eyes on V as well— he's always so composed, so confident. But now he was looking as nervous as Jungkook when us two were in a heated fight that we'd resolved just an hour later.

"And who might this charming gentleman be?" I'm surprised at how quick her tears went back inside her eyes— now an interested, amused smirk is set on her lips.

Of course, it's my mom. I shouldn't have expected anything less.

"Kim Taehyung, miss."

V looks tenser than ever as he bows stiffly, showing respect to the older woman. At the sight, I can't stop the laugh bubbling in my chest and coming out as a soft giggle.

"Oh, drop the formalities. You can call me Yen, dear. And are you Kirelei's...."

Skies. Her mom was having way too much fun tormenting poor V.

"Her fiancée, mis—"

I purse my lips to prevent another giggle from escaping them as my mom holds up a single finger, quieting V in an instant. I've never seen anyone order around V so freely before. Usually their heads would be gone if they tried to even ask V to close the door behind him.

"Yen, dear. Call me Yen. So you're her husband to be?" She makes eye contact with me and then brings her gaze back to the tall figure in front of her as he nods once.

"Come in, both of you. We have a lot to discuss."

I clap my hand over my mouth to hopelessly cover up the sound of my giggling as V swallows anxiously.

Was it wrong for me to enjoy this too much?