Chapter 1: Something Unexpected

Announcement: A DISCORD SERVER HAS BEEN CREATED FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN AND DISCUSS EACH OF MY STORIES IF THEY CHOOSE. I'LL BE ACCEPTING CRITICISM, IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, AND OC'S IF YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR CHARACTER IN EITHER STORY. The server link can be found on my profile under "conversations" or whatever it says.

In the middle of a forest clearing , a lone girl lay unconscious, moonlight shining across her body. She was dressed in a red tank top, black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. Her body was slim but athletic and toned, her skin lightly tanned, and her snow-white hair was medium length and almost reached her shoulders. She had tattoos of an Omega symbol on her left bicep, and on her right shoulder, a large purple tattoo that resembled flower petals reached from just above her elbow to her collar bone.

After a moment, the young girl's eyes fluttered open, then she immediately sat up and scanned the surrounding area. She looked up at the broken moon in the sky, her purple eyes shining in the light. She held her head with a hand, feeling nauseous.

"Where...am I?" she asked herself, slowly getting to her feet. The white-haired girl's eyes widened once something dawned on her.

"Hold on, who am I?"

Her mind was blank. The only memory she had was of waking up on the forest floor. She couldn't even remember her own name.

She did a quick 360, then stopped once she spotted a massive tower in the distance.

The red leaves in the trees swayed in the wind, a faint, sweet smell on the air.

"Well, that seems like a good place to find answers," the girl deduced aloud, walking towards the skyscraper-like tower, dry leaves crunching under her boots.

"Why would I not have any memories? I mean, people don't just lose their memories! Or do they...? Ugh, I have no idea. Probably because I can't REMEMBER!" she groaned and kicked the dirt.

Not long after beginning her trek to the tower, the purple-eyed amnesiac heard the rustling of bushes, and a low growl. She immediately turned towards the sound, her body tense and eyes wary.

Then a tall, black creature stood out of the bushes. Its fur was black with white bone-like armor covering parts of its body, and its yellow eyes filled with hatred.

"That doesn't seem good for my health," the girl noted as the creature got on all fours and roared at her.

"Uh, hey there. You wouldn't happen to know a faster way to that tower over there would you?" she asked.

The canine creature lunged, attempting to swipe her with its razor-sharp claws.

"I'll take that as a 'no'!" she squeaked and raised her arms instinctively to shield herself. The girl squeezed her eyes shut for three heart beats before slowly opening her eyes and peering through her raised arms. The creature was hung in midair, still poised to attack. Its fangs were apart in a frozen roar, but showed no intent of moving.

"What the-?" the girl stepped out of the way and to the side of the beast, examining it in its frozen state.

"How is it like this?" she asked, then noticed something. The leaves were no longer swaying with the wind and the sounds of the forest had completely stopped. It was if someone had hit the pause button on reality.

"How do I know what a pause button is if I can't remember anything?" she asked herself, but as soon as she said that, everything moved again. The monster continued its attack, roaring as if the "resume" button had been pressed.

"Crikey!" the girl cursed, then began to do the only reasonable thing someone could do in this situation: run.

Before the beast could realize what had happened, the girl was running towards the massive tower, her white hair whipping around in the wind as she ran.