Chapter 11: I'm Still Standing

Sera had no idea what happened. One second, she was facing down her mother, ready to fight and die. The next, she was being pulled through some red vortex and into a completely different location.

On top of that, she blacked out as soon as she passed through. She didn't know why. Maybe the strain of using her powers had gotten to her. Maybe the trip wasn't as pleasant as it seemed. Maybe someone whopped her over the head with a frying pan.

Nevertheless, the end results were the same.

She passed in and out of consciousness for the longest time. She did know that she was comfortable, though. The huntress was shacked up in a big comfy bed with soft pillows and thick blankets. One time when she was awake, she was being spoon fed some sort of food. Oatmeal, maybe? Another time, a cool rag was being pressed to her brow.

Thankfully, she had no dreams when she was asleep. Well, except for one, but it was so odd that it couldn't have been real.

She had stood in a giant room with twelve large chairs arranged against the wall in a 'U'.

The same man who'd 'visited' her in her cell sat in the center of them. Except he was giant, easily twenty feet tall. A man who looked just like him sat to his left, except he had sea green eyes and held a large trident that glowed with power in one hand.

The rest of them seemed to be bickering. A muscular man with close-cropped hair was pointing a sword at a woman with dark wavy hair and startling gray eyes. She radiated intelligence, and despite the angry man with a sword, she was rather calm.

The lead guy who'd visited Sera was looking her directly in the eyes, as if he knew she were there. The man with the trident looked where he was staring, and his eyes widened. The man in the center mouthed one word, 'Go.'

Sera sat bolt upright in the bed. Sweat beaded her forehead and she was breathing heavily. After collecting her thoughts of what she'd just seen, she glanced around the room, to find that it wasn't really a room.

She appeared to be inside of a tent. An extremely nice tent, but a tent, nonetheless. She also noticed that no one else was in the room.

Sera groaned and clutched her head. She could feel her heartbeat pulsating in her brain.

Before the huntress could even attempt to stand, someone pushed aside a sheet that covered the doorway and stepped in.

Sera's breath hitched. At first, she thought it was Yang. She had the exact same face, figure, and hairstyle. Except she recognized this woman, and it was definitely not Yang. She had black hair, red eyes, and clothes to match those two colors.

Raven Branwen.

Sera jumped out of bed and got into a fighting stance. She didn't care if the world was spinning around her and that she felt like blacking out again, she had a bone to pick with this woman.

Raven regarded her with cold eyes. "I wouldn't."

"And why's that?" Sera scowled.

"You're naked."

Sera's face blanked and her eyes slowly glanced downward in horror. Thankfully, Raven was only half-right. She wasn't naked, but the only thing she had on were a pair of black shorts and a sports bra.

Sera sighed and relaxed her stance. "Don't do that."

Raven cracked a smile, "Sorry. Figured it'd distract you. It worked."

"Yeah, yeah." Sera grumbled. She looked around for her clothes, but none were there.

"I've got some you can wear," Raven offered. Sera shot a glare at her.