Tulips In November/ Fifteen

                              I was up most of Wednesday night, helping Ma and Aunt Katherine cook the Thanksgiving dinner. She didn’t bring our cousins- they were too pooped from the plane trip, and passed out at the hotel. During the wee hours of the morning, Aunt Katherine was tired herself, so I let her crash in my bed, and I slept on the couch- definitely not comfy at all. My feet were hangin off the couch, and the cold air was nippin at them- even through my socks. I finally kicked back in Ma’s recliner, and got some sleep…until I woke up to the two of them dancing around in the kitchen to some oldie music.

                              “Good morning, my sleepy head nephew,” sang Aunt Katherine, as she kissed my forehead. I looked at her with a half sleepy smile, as she giggled. “That’s how your father used to look when he woke up in the morning,”

                              “Morning, Aunt Katherine,” I yawned. I got up off the recliner, and made my way to my bedroom, where I grabbed some clean clothes, and then showered up. I stepped out the bathroom, and went to my room to get dressed. When I returned to the living room, Aunt Katherine had donned her coat, and had her keys(to her Volvo station wagon). “I have to get back to the hotel, and bathe…then we’ll will be on our way here. You going to get that brother of yours?”

                              “Yeah,” I answered, putting on my black hoodie sweatjacket and my vest. I grabbed my skull cap and hobo gloves. “I’ll be back before dinner starts,”

                              A little snow had fallen on Tuesday, but not enough to cause any real trouble. I started the car, after three attempts…I then had to bang on the dashboard a couple of times to get the heat to turn on. I sat there for about 15 minutes, as the car warmed up…Aunt Katherine had already came out the house, and gotten into her station wagon, and left. I finally put the car in drive, and headed on my way to Dory’s…as I arrived there, I saw a Charcoal grey fresh and clean Nissan 370z sittin in the back parking lot. As I walked up the stairs, the door opened up, and a plate came whizzing out through the air, with a ducking Raul…he tried to run by me, but I grabbed and jacked him against the wall. “What the FUCK are you doin here, Raul?!”

                              “None of your business!” he sniped at me. I drew my fist back, as he flinched, looking out his eyes at me. “Go ahead! Hit me! I will sue your ass!”

                              “DARRIN, NO!”

                              I looked to Dory, in a long sleeve tee, fleece pajama pants, and his snow boots on. His hair was messy, and he looked like he had been crying again. “Let him go, Darrin…and Raul- don’t ever bring your ass around here again! We are through! You got it?”

                              “Fine!” he snapped back. “No one will ever treat you as good as I have, Dorian! You just remember that! I was the best thing that ever happened to you!”

                              “Are you fuckin kiddin me? How in the blue fucking hell did you treat him ‘the best’?” I asked him, as Raul pined to escape my clutches. “You cheated on him, you spineless prick!”

                              “Why are you even talking to me?” asked Raul. “What do you know about being gay? NOTHING! You hate your brother, whatever you say has no fucking relevance on what your brother and I once had! In other words, you’re a non-mutha fuckin factor!”