Chapter 3

Lance's POV

I took a deep breath before heading up the stairs to the third years hallway. Allura didn't met up with me today so we could walk together, but she's probably already there. Sure enough, when I walked into the club room, Allura was sitting in a desk staring at the ground. I walked over to her to say hi, but Nyma stopped me.

"Hey, Lance! I was wondering if you wanted to read together today? We didn't get to yesterday because of Pidge, but today can just us again."

"I would, but-," I was going to explain to her that Allura didn't seem well, but Pidge ran over.

"Like hell you two are reading together! Lance is reading with me so we can finish the series together!"

I opened my mouth but closed it as Nyma began to talk, "Like Lance would really want to spend his time reading a children's book."

Alright, that crossed the line, "Nyma, manga isn't just for children. Half of the stuff is for adults anyways! And I never said that I was hanging out with either of you today. Allura seems to be kind of out of it, so I'm hanging out with her today."

Before the girls could complain I walked away and sat down next to Allura. She seemed really lost in space, so much that she didn't see me there. I tapped on her desk and she shot her head up. Her eyes didn't have that sparkle that they normally did, what's wrong?

"H-Hey, Lance! What are you doing over here?"

Alright, something is definitely wrong with her. She's normally really happy to see me, so why does she look like that? I tilted my head and opened my mouth but the door swung open and knocked on the wall, causing a loud bang.

"Shit!" I heard Keith yell.

Keith appeared in the doorway and was looking behind the door. Pidge was laughing hysterically in the back of the room, even Nyma was silently giggling in her seat. Keith's face was bright red as he sent the girls a glare.

"My apologies that I'm late again guys, didn't hear the bell again."

Pidge cleared her throat, "Boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes while Keith yelled at them and turned back to Allura. Her eyes were down again and she was lost in space. I tapped her desk again, this time she didn't look at me when she spoke. "You know that you don't have to be around me. Go have fun with everyone else."

"What? Why would I do that when I know that you're upset?"

"Huh?" Allura looked up at me with concern and shook her head, "I'm fine, Lance, trust me. I'm still the Allura that you know and love." As if to prove her point, she gave me her smile. It looked so real, but I'm still not sure.

"Please, Lance, just go have fun with everyone else."

I sighed and stood up, "I'll do what you want, but know that I'm right here if you need me. I'll be back in a bit to read your poem, OK?" I only got a small nod in understanding.

With another sigh I walked over to where Keith was. He was sitting in the teachers chair, looking at a few papers. I stood next to the desk and Keith looked up smiling at me. At least someone knows I'm here.

"Hey, Lance. Whatcha need?"

Always a good president, "Have you noticed anything with Allura? She's seems really down."

Keith looked behind me at Allura and frowned, "Sorry, I haven't seen her like this before. Maybe I should talk to her."

"I already tried talking to her and she shoved me off. I'm her best friend and she doesn't even want to talk to me." A feeling in my gut grew more. Why won't she talk to me?