chapter one : the beginning

first song in track : sakura wishes by maras8

The school principal had droned on and on, the tone of his flat voice going through one ear and instead of staying in the brain, passing out the other. 

Being half asleep due to the almost silent atmosphere, the moment the people around the girl started clapping was nerve racking. Hoping that the clattering ruckus the chair she sat in didn't disturb the male student next to her, the limbs called her hands slapped against each other.

"All students must go to their designated classrooms. Follow after your homeroom teacher—"

His words were drowned out as the band club members played another song using their instruments, and all the students filed out. Glancing around at the stairs, other classrooms and shoe boxes, she felt time slow down like a cheesy romance movie as two males- defiantly older than her, passed by. 

One had wild hair- a mixture like marble. It was almost as if his hair reflected his personality as he obnoxiously chatted with the other boy next to him. The second one had messy, tousled hair with sharp eyes. He seemed rather fed up, but when his dark orbs met her [e/c] ones, she could've sworn your heart beat sped up.

Well, until the louder one smacked him on the head. 

"Akaashi! Stop spacin' out! We gotta get the other guys to go home because we can't use the gym!" 

"..Alright, alright." 

The frozen time was over. 

Still in a daze, the first grader shook her head and quickened the pace she had been walking in. 

x - - - x

"Alright you lot. As I said before, my name is Nakamura Jirou. You guys are proper high schoolers now so don't dilly dally. Once you get your things inside the locker, go home with your parents."

What a nice explanation. Having this man as a homeroom teacher is sure going to be fun!...

You have to be kidding. That sentence was dripping with sarcasm. 

As mothers and fathers had handed boxes to their children, an elderly pair made their way over to the place the girl's desk was before putting the box filled with textbooks and such down. 

"Gramma, gramma- you didn't hurt your back right? Grandpa.."

Fretting over her grandparents was a regular thing, but they seemed not to notice, only motioning for the worried girl to hurry up.

"[y/n], we'll eat pizza tonight. Hurry along!" 

Huffing as she had disregarded her like a little child, everything went into the right place. Just about to leave, she were going to get out of the classroom when the girl next to her had placed a chocolate into the back of her blazer. Face turning red, she turned around the face her.. Only to realize that the other female was rather tall. Recognizing her as the Half-American Half-Japanese girl sitting next to you, she removed the sweet from the spot it was in and into her coat's right pocket. 

"Let's get along! My name's Chieko!"

"That's nice! My name's [y/n]. Now I need to get g—"

"Oh! My name's Aoi. Might as well get along since you're right in front of me."

Quickly being surrounded, the girl was confused as to why this was happening.. Until she realized.

She was the shortest in the whole class. 

Though it took time, she were half forced to learn her classmate's names. Looking apologetically towards the waiting caretakers, she finally broke out of the group. Trying to get out of the room as soon as she could, her legs carried her to the door. As for her head? They did the most important part as for what was about to happen in a few seconds!