Chapter 2

Addison stood patiently, waiting for a certain brunette to walk out the front entrance of Seabrook. Fifteen minutes passed and there was still no sign of Eliza. It would have been easy if the white-haired girl could have texted the other girl but sadly they were not at the number exchange stage of their ... well ... relationship. The two girls weren't exactly friends yet. Addison assumed that Eliza had pleasant feelings towards her but the Zombie didn't seem too interested in getting to know the cheerleader. For the most part, Addison was satisfied with the level of closeness she had with Eliza yet a part of her wished they were closer. Addison had tried to make more of an effort to be friends with her. At first, it seemed as if this kindness was well received by the brunette but there was always a flicker in Eliza's expression that indicated that she thought the human was being insincere. As Bucky would so humbly put it, Addison would not be liked by everyone and she could not be friends with just everyone. But Eliza was not just anyone. She was Zed's best friend and they loved each other so much. That's why Addison knew she could trust Eliza to help her stop Bucky from hurting Zed. The Zombie would probably do anything for Zed and maybe that was part of the reason the girls could not be close.

Addison signed just as Eliza pushed open the glass doors with one hand with her backpack slumped over her shoulders. Unfortunately for her, she did not see Addison walk behind her since she had her head down. The blonde tapped on the other girl's shoulder, making the brunette gasp as she turned around.

"Addison?" Eliza asked with a surprised tone.

"I need your help," Addison said and then added before Eliza could respond, "It's Zed."

There was an immediate change in the Zombie's demeanor. There was a flash of worry that quickly turned into a look of determination. She grabbed Addison by the hand and headed back towards Seabrook's interior.

"Where?" Eliza asked.

Addison was surprised that she didn't even ask what happened. It was like a switch went off inside Eliza and the only thing she could think of was Zed. There was something in her stride made Addison feel like Eliza would tear down the whole building, search the whole town and gather an army just to find Zed. It was hard not to deny that the two Zombies were extremely close, closer than Addison was to Zed. What if she and Zed never became that close? Addison compared her reaction to what Bucky was doing to the way Eliza behaved when Addison said Zed needed help. Why didn't she immediately do something? Why didn't she feel like she could bulldoze an entire town just to ensure that nothing happened to the love of her life? Why didn't she love Zed as much as Eliza loved him? That thought alone made the pale girl turn Casper white.

"Addison!" Eliza yelled as she grabbed the white-haired girl's upper arm, breaking Addison away from her thoughts.

"Zed's okay right now," Addison tried to explain.

"Then what's wrong?"

Addison pulled Eliza away from the crowd and towards a quieter area. She glanced around to make sure that none of Bucky's minions were around. She lowered her voice as she told Eliza about Bucky's film and about the conversation she had with Zed.

"Whoa, whoa back up," Eliza interrupted. "He's using Zed to do what?"

"To make a documentary on zombies," Addison said. "He said he wants to leave school because of Zombies."

Addison watched as the other girl lowered her head and sighed. When she lifted her head, she stared at the human before massaging her temples.

"Addison," Eliza slowly enunciated as Addison nodded. "You need to get that tape. This is bad. I know he's your cousin but -"