That's A Zaddy Right There

Disclaimer: I do not own Z-O-M-B-I-E-S, nor the characters and I do not make money from it.  

Addison sat at the top of the bleachers in hopes that the coach would not notice that she had snuck into practice to watch her boyfriend play football. The plan could work as long as Zed did not wave to her or make any indications that his girlfriend was there. She sat as still as possible as she watched the boys below scramble around to catch the ball as it flew in the air. Someone caught the ball, she could not tell who but she knew it was not Zed. His green hair made it easy to spot him among all the other players. It was so nice to have someone like Zed, who stood out among all the cookie cutter looking boys with their bronze or charcoal colored locks. Zed also was happy to have a human girlfriend that did not have Barbie blonde hair or sun-kissed skin. She knew he felt that way because he hated when her mom forced her to wear her wig and he always told her that he liked how her white hair reminded him of fluffy clouds and swan feathers. And he sometimes joked that she was just as pale as him. That was true since his skin looked darker after hours of practice which made Addison look paler in contrast, especially since the sun never colored her skin due to her albinism. Honestly, she could care less about the color of their complexion. What matter was that they both embraced each other differences and saw each other as beautiful.

Addison remembered the first time Zed told her she was beautiful by accidentally calling her delicious. The image of his lips widening into a grin by enunciating the word "delicious" made her blush. That made her think of yesterday at lunch when Zed had walked over to the cheerleader's table while she was studying flashcards for the PSAT. He kissed her on her cheek and said, "My beautiful girlfriend is always studying." She remembered blushing so hard that Bucky offhandedly commented that he could almost see her cheeks reddening. Other people disagreed with him saying that Addison was pale as usual but Addison still covered her face as if it was obvious. The feeling of surprised coupled with sprinkles of embarrassment made Addison blush again. Although she was far away from the players on the field, she still bashfully lowered her head as her eyes fluttered shut.

When she opened her eyes, she noticed that all the players had stopped running and stood still. What happened? Did something happen with Zed's Z watch? No one was panicking so that could not be the case. Off in the distance, she noticed that two people were talking to the coach. Due to her poor eyesight, she could not exactly point out who was talking to the coach. Even with her contact lenses in, she still did not have perfect sight since her albinism affected her vision. She squinted her eyes, noticing the blonde hair of a girl and the dark-hair of a boy. As she strained her eyes more, she could see that both of them had on pink cheer uniforms. The girl was obviously Lacey and she was just standing near the guy, letting him do all the talking. There were only a few males on a squad but only one of them would have had the audacity to interrupt the football player's practice. It had to be Bucky. What was so important that he had to interrupt the coach during practice?

Addison watched as the coached waved a dismissal hand at her cousin and then signaled the team to continue playing. Her eyes widened when Bucky and Lacey took a seat on the bleachers. Maybe the coach informed him that he should have asked him a question after practice. That would have made sense until Bucky and Lacey left a few minutes before practice ended. Addison was sure her cousin had a reason for disrupting the team's practice and then leaving without talking to the coach. It probably had something to do with the cheerleaders so Addison was sure that she would hear about it tomorrow during practice.

Unfortunately, Addison only learned the reason for Bucky's and Lacey's visit when she was hanging out with Zed in his hometown a few weeks later. By then, Addison had forgotten all about the incident and had focused all her attention on studying for the PSAT. If it wasn't for Zed, she would have locked herself inside her room with her MacBook Pro and her favorite bag of gummy bears. Neither teens had expected to hang out with each other, especially on a school night. All she did was text her boyfriend, using emojis to express how she felt about her current study session, and then Zed offered to help her feel better by inviting her to explore the "forbidden" side of Zombietown. Addison, who was always intrigued by the zombie lifestyle, could not resist the offer. Before she knew it, she took an Uber to Zed's brownstone apartment and then the two began walking towards the abandoned sector of town.