8 - Missed Call

-Second Person-

You tried to hide your face in his chest while he held you close, mumbling into his t-shirt

"You're hugging me too tight I might suffocate."

He let go, giving you slightly more room. After you took a breath he put a hand under your chin to look at you,

"You can sit down, I'll cook this time."

You glared, face heating up from his gesture. Whats up with him? Should I have brought some pepper spray?

Taking his advice, you sat down by the kitchen and watched him move around and cook, it was a bit boring which made you whine.

"You're so boring~..."

"I'm cooking, I don't want to burn the building down," He retorted.

You sighed and got up, looking around his living room for something to do.
What way to annoy Donghyuck other than creep in his room and find something sketchy?

Donghyuck continued to cook, you heading to the bathroom only to turn and walk into his room.

It was a bit messy but still neat. You looked around and found a notebook, walking over to see what it was.

Opening the front cover, his name was on the inside, same as his other class notebooks. You flipped through the pages and saw varied sketches.

There were tree sceneries and a familiar road. You glanced outside and noticed it was a sketch of the road outside his window. Slightly surprised by his drawing skills, you continued to flip the pages.

Sketches of the classroom and lunchroom were scattered, along with sketches of people. You stared at one sketch wondering why it looked familiar.

"Y/n? Are you in the bathroom?" You heard Donghyuck calling out.

You quickly rushed and put the notebook back where it was. Going to the kitchen you saw Donghyuck putting the scrambled eggs into two plates.

"There you are. Scrambled eggs okay?" He looked up as you took a seat.

You nodded, "Did you fail to make an omelette?"

He scoffed, "Shut up, at least I can cook."
____

Donghyuck and you both ate your eggs with conversation here and there. None about the sketches you saw. Mentally trying to figure out the sketch of a person.

You decide to check your phone after a bit, noticing a few missed calls from your dad.

"Oh sh-" You coughed, hurrying to call back.

"The person you have tried to call is
not available at the moment,
please leave a message after the tone."

You hung up, calling again only to receive the same answering machine.

"Why isn't he answering..." You mumble, catching Donghyuck's attention.

"Is everything okay?"

You looked up, shaking your head.

"My dad isn't answering and I missed his calls last night. Do you think something happened?"

Donghyuck got to your side, noticing your eyes get glassy while you spoke.

"Hey calm down, I'm sure he might just be sleeping or something. Call again and if he doesn't answer I'll go with you to check on him." He spoke calmly.

You nodded and dialed again, tapping your foot impatiently.

"The person you are t-"

You hung up, "He's not answering! What if something happened? I should've gone home last night, he isn't exactly healthy you know-"

You started to panic and cry, Donghyuck's arms wrapping around you to calm you down.

"Let's go check on him, you have to calm down okay?"

You nodded, getting up to grab your jacket.
____

Both of you had rushed to your place as you fumbled to unlock the door.

Once you opened the door, you began calling for your dad, only to get silence as an answer.

"Dad?" You called again, Donghyuck shushed you and you both heard a groan.

You ran to the origin of the sound and found your dad collapsed onto the kitchen floor, rushing to his side you began to cry again.

"Dad! Are you okay? Dad!!" You yelled, he seemed unconscious.

You called for an ambulance and waited, looking at the scene in the kitchen. There was a chair next to the kitchen counter and a cabinet was open. Don't tell me he was trying to reach some old plates again. Is he insane?

The ambulance arrived and took your dad to the hospital, leaving you as a nervous mess and Donghyuck right beside you trying to tell you everything was going to be fine.

"Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?"
He cleared his throat.

You looked at him, rubbing your eyes.
"Could you?"

Seeing you this nervous made Donghyuck want to protect you, he just didn't know how.

"Yeah, come on."
____

The car ride was silent on the way to the hospital. Once you got there you asked to see your dad, to which you were told he was still not open for visitors.

"But I'm his daughter!" You snapped, only to get told to wait again.

Donghyuck pulled you back and sat you down.
"It's okay, they'll probably let you in right away when he's open."

You pulled your sleeve over your palm and rubbed your eyes. He looked at you and cupped your face to wipe the tears from your chin and cheeks, his expression seeming guilty.

"What's with that look?" You spoke.

He shook his head, "I shouldn't have told you to stay for mario kart..."

"Hey it was my choice, don't blame yourself." You sighed, a bit surprised he was feeling at fault for something that wasn't controlled.

You pulled his hand down from your face and set your head on his shoulder, holding his hand in yours.

"Let's just wait and see.. I'm sure he's fine.." You said, almost as if trying to convince yourself.

He leaned his head next to yours. He looked at you and noticed you'd already fallen asleep, feeling hurt that you cried so much that you were exhausted and tired.

Donghyuck lifted his arm that you weren't sleeping on or holding, reaching to caress your face, tracing the eye bags and cheekbones with his fingertips.

"It'll be okay.."