aloha x depressed!reader

Warning! This chapter contains self harm.
Requested by FieryFoxandIce

It was a warm day that you had spent inside, cooped up in your room. You were scrolling through the comments on Inkstagram, seeing if there was anything new.

She needs to lose some weight...

Not the prettiest squid I've seen...

She's ugly, why does she think she's worth anything...

As you were rubbing your eyes, You got a message. 'who would want to message me?' you picked up your phone.

Aloha: Hey y/n, wanna hang today? I haven't heard from you in a while.

It was your old best friend. Back when you weren't so negative and awful you would both hang out and you would go to every party he'd throw. That was until the negative thoughts got to you. You hesitantly responded.

Y/n: sure. What time.

Aloha is typing
...
Aloha: how about 3?

You looked up at your clock. 1:54...

Y/n is typing
...

Y/n: okay. I'll see you then.

You sat your phone on your night stand and got up. You walked out to the kitchen. You looked at the food in the fridge. 'I'll pass.' you thought as you closed the fridge and headed out for a shower.

--time skip--

You arrived at alohas house and knocked on the door. Aloha opened the door for you. "Come in, y/n~!" You walked in and sat on the couch. Once aloha shut the door he came and sat beside you. After a brief moment of silence, aloha spoke up. "So, y/n, I was thinking that we host a party; like old times sake. Since you never come to them anymore..." He muttered the last sentence.
"I missed hanging with you, you're a really cool gal, y/n~" those words made your head spin 'hes wrong. I'm no good. I'm nothing.' after forgetting to respond to him he looked at you. "Um, y/n... You seem thinner, are you okay?" You could hear the sincerity in his voice. "Yes, I'm fine." He shrugged it off and you both planned a big party, that everyone was invited to.

By the time the party started you were in the living room. In the back corner watching Cephalopods chat while some were dancing to the music playing. Being around so many people made you uncomfortable so you headed down the hallway, away from everyone. As you were doing this an inkling grabbed you by the arm, you looked back in slight fear to see a male inkling staring at you with lust in his eyes. He was obviously drunk, and he looked so untidy and gross. "Hey, gorgeous~ where are you going~?" You tried to yank your arm away from him, but he was too strong. This angered him and his smirk turned into a frown. He tightened his grip and pushed you against the wall. "Are you trying to get away, beautiful~?" He said, slurring his words. You winced as he moved closer to your neck. He started nibbling on your neck, making you feel pure horror. Soon enough, he got pulled away by aloha. Aloha was yelling at him so you took this chance and ran off into the kitchen. You panicked and grabbed a small knife and hid behind the fridge. You cried to yourself. 'i can't believe this' you teared up. You pulled your sleeve down staring at what few cuts you already had. You held the knife tightly. You closed your eyes tightly as you pressed the blade against your skin. (I/C) blood came pouring out of the cut. This felt good. You did it again and again until- "Y/N!??" You looked up. Aloha looked at you. He gritted his teeth and looked at you with sadness and anger mixed in his eyes. He bent down and yanked the knife away from you. "What were you thinking!?" He yelled. "I'm sorry i-" he grabbed your arm and you heard him mutter 'oh no oh no' over and over, instantly making you feel guilty. Aloha looked back up at you, tears threatening to spill from your own eyes. " A-aloha... I'm so sorry!" You said as you cried into his shoulder. He sat there, gently putting his arms around you. You planted your head in the crook of his neck and muttered nothing but sorrys to him. You heard a few little sobs from aloha not long after. The chirpy, happy, flirty aloha was gone in this case. Aloha was crying silently and you could tell he was trying to hide it. You pulled away with a tear stained face. Aloha wiped his own face and got up "stay here." He said as he scrambled back out into the hallway. You sat there silently thinking about all this. Not long after, aloha returned with bandages in hand. He sat down by you and wiped away all the blood that had fallen out of the cuts you made. You sat there, quietly looking at him as he held your arm gently and cleaned it. He carefully wrapped bandages around your arm and put everything back where it belongs. He sat by you. "Y/n... Why?" You looked down. "I... I'm nothing, aloha. I let people down. Everyone hates me and make fun of me for how I look..." He stared at you in disbelief. "That's why I stopped eating. I wasn't good enough." You croaked the last sentence, letting out a little sob. He hugged you. "What do you mean? You look just fine. Don't listen to anyone, because they're wrong, okay?" He cupped your cheek. "Y/n ..i-ive been meaning to tell you this but... I've liked you for some time now. I wanted to know if your feelings are mutual." Blush dusted his cheeks as he looked at you for a response. You looked at him in disbelief. Did you really like him? You looked back and noticed how handsome of an inkling he truly was. (I/C) blush made its way to your own cheeks. "I-i think I like you too, aloha.." you face palmed at how croaky your voice was as you responded. He stared in disbelief and excitement. "Really?" You gave him a nod and he engulfed you in a hug. "Yes!" He nuzzled his face with yours. "I love ya so much, y/n. Don't forget that, that someone loves you, please." He kissed your face over and over, making you giggle. "I love you too aloha." You pecked him on the lips, making him blush more. He then leaned in for a long passionate kiss, holding you closely. Once you both parted you touched your lips in surprise. "Do ya mind staying the night with me y/n?" He asked in his usual flirty tone. "Of course, I don't mind." You said looking into his soft pink eyes. They were so bright and pretty. Oh how you could stare at them forever.