Chapter 2: Erik

"Knock, knock." I was getting dressed, and wasn't quite sure I wanted Charles to come in.
     "Uh, one second, please," I straightened out my shirt, and limped over to the door. Something must've happened to my right leg because it was in a lot of pain. I quickly opened the large, brown door.
     "Oh, Darling, you didn't have to get it," he took a step inside, and shut the door behind him. "Was it locked?" He asked.
     "Yeah, I didn't want anyone walking in. Erik used to come in all the time. That was probably a while ago, right?" I asked him, recalling that all my memories were out of order. I didn't even know if he knew about me and Erik.
     "Excuse me? Erik used to come in here?" He sat on my bed, and stared at me, waiting for an explanation. Did I really have to give him one? Erik and I dated for a few months before he decided that, well, he wanted to kill everyone. Naturally, Raven made him 'good' again. He helped me and Charles defeat ArchAngel a couple days ago. It didn't take much. He was made out of metal. Although, I can't remember if he actually helped or not. Charles told me that I needed to defeat him by myself to make me stronger. I downright refused, at first, but I trusted Charles so much, and I would do anything he told me. I loved him.
     "There must've been a reason for me not telling you about Erik, but I can't remember. Are you sure I was only out for two days? I feel like I've been asleep for years," I laid down on the bed, allowing my limbs to have a brief moment without pain. This didn't last long, however, because Charles crawled up next to me, and I couldn't help but take hold of his hand. Yes, I wanted to hold it, but I also didn't want him reading my mind, and knowing that touching me hurt.
     "Well, whatever the reason was, hopefully, it's in the past," he tried to use his powers again, but I wouldn't let him.
     "I can tell you what you need to know, Charles, honestly. You can trust me," I tried sitting up, but couldn't, so I just kept laying down. It was a scary feeling, not knowing if I'd ever be able to sit up again. I put my faith in Charles to help me do it, eventually.
     "Well, can you tell me why Erik used to come in here? I still haven't gotten an answer," he giggled, and turned - as much as he could - towards me. All I had to tell him was that I used to date Erik. I couldn't remember why I hadn't told anyone.
     "Um, maybe I should wait until I can remember some things. I'll tell you everything I can. Just give me a few hours," Charles helped me sit up, and I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I wondered how many of his students knew about my powers, and my condition afterwards. I was almost positive he didn't tell anyone except for Hank and Erik, but God knows how many people they've told. Raven probably knew. That didn't really bother me.
     "The others are waiting to see you. Erik, especially. Should I be worried?" His question made me laugh.
     "No, you absolutely do not have to be worried. How do you know he wants to see me? Did he say something?" I asked him. He stayed calm, so I assumed nothing happened. All I knew was that Erik needed to stay silent. Even if I forgot the reason I didn't tell anyone, I knew there was one.
     "No, don't worry about it. He kind of acted like he thought you were dead," Charles sat up, "God, I don't wanna get up."
     "When do you think I'll be able to use my powers again? I mean, I don't want to, but if I need to, I will. I just don't wanna, you know, die." It was mostly a joke, but who knows if I can actually die from using them too much. I had nothing to worry about... probably.
     "You won't die," he struggled to speak, as he helped me get off the bed, "You might be in a lot of pain, but I promise you, I won't let you die. Come on," he helped me walk down the hall. I didn't need his help as much as it sounded like I did, but I loved the attention. Walking down the stairs was the hardest part. I almost tripped multiple times, but Charles was incredibly helpful, and made sure nothing happened.
     "Woah, shouldn't she be resting?" Hank met us at the bottom of steps, and helped me down the last few.
     "Trust me when I say that she will never just rest," Charles said. He knew me so well. I took it from there, and walked myself to the room right of the stairs. It was the room that we usually met in, after I woke up, to discuss what we should do next. It's true, I was getting much better. There were times when I'd be passed out for weeks.
     I spotted a boy with silver hair.
     "Who are you?" He suddenly appeared next to me.
     "Peter, calm down," Charles warned him.  He obeyed, and sat down immediately. "This is Ash. She's the one with the... powers."
     "Very specific," he said, then turned to me, "So, Ash? I'm assuming your name has something to do with your powers, right?" He grabbed a drink from the kitchen in less than a second.
     "I'm guessing you're fast," I took a seat next to Charles and Hank, naturally. "Uh, no, by the way. My name's Ashley. Don't call me that, please," I didn't know why I hated it, but I did.
     "Ash?" Erik ran into the room. "Ash I'm so sorry."
     "What are you talking about?" I asked him. He made quite the face. It was a mixture of confusion, and sympathy.
     "You don't remember?"