Sleep Deprived Patty

Idea came from a writing prompt I saw today. Enjoy :)

*Ben's PROV*

This morning I walked up to the coffee machine to see Patty holding a mug in his hands with a blank stare. He had dark bags underneath his eyes and his hands were slightly shaky. His NASA baggy sweater fell to his lower thighs and he was missing a sock. His hair was sticking out in every imaginable direction and his glasses were slightly crooked.

"Patty are you okay?" I asked.

"I've slept so little, I can now officially smell colors." Patty responded with a flat voice.

"How are you still alive?" I was concerned.

"That's the question I've been asking every day." Patty replied as his eyes slowly started to close.

"How long have you been awake?" I raised an eyebrow.

"About 36-38 hours." Patty's grip on his mug was starting to weaken.

I took the mug from his hands before he went completely limp against my chest. Did he just fall asleep on the spot? I gently picked him up bridal style, I got a few confused looks from the guys as I laid Patty in his bunk. I grabbed his blanket and covered him with it, almost instantly I heard his soft snores.

"Is Patty okay?" Ronnie asked.

"Yeah, his insomnia must've been acting up again." I replied.

"I hope it doesn't happen like last time." Ronnie spoke. So around a month ago Patty was so sleep deprived that he was generally laughing his ass off at EVERYTHING. We tried to get him to sleep but nothing seemed to work. Up until he passed out on the couch, we were so scared because he wouldn't move or respond to anyone. Then when he did wake up it was the next day.

"Yeah, he kinda just passed out when he was leaning on me." I explained.

"Well, at least he's okay." Ronnie shrugged.

"Yeah." I responded as I turned to see Patty's sleeping form. Hopefully he wakes up in a good mood. Maybe we can do stuff later when he's more healthy looking and not look like he just came out of the Walking Dead. I love him to death, but I don't wanna accidentally hurt him. If that makes sense, this boy will someday be the death of me. But I wouldn't wanna go any other way.