JALEX <3 dont make this easy, i want you to mean it

JACKS POV

‘Thanks for coming out everyone we’re All Time Low we’ll see you next year!’ the crowd roared as hundreds of people chanted ‘all time low, all time low, all time low’ as we left the stage for the final tour this year. I was buzzing, the way I always am after a huge show like that, I could still feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I was handed a bottle of water and a towel. I chugged down most of the water and poured the rest over my head, swiping the sweat and water off my face and hair with the towel afterwards. Rian and Zack had headed outside to sign some autographs for fans but Alex, as he usually is, was wiped out from the show.

‘Alex, you alright?’ I asked him as I headed towards our dressing room and the showers.

‘yeah man I'm fine just so fucking tired,’ he somehow managed to look excited as he always did after shows but so drained at the same time, he hadn’t been his best recently as he’d had a fever a few days before so tonights show had knocked it out of him.

‘ok, I’ll be right back I'm going to shower,’ he flopped down into a chair as I left the room and nodded. His hair was all matted around his face and sticking with sweat. I looked at him a bit too long before walking away towards the showers.

I was still pumped with adrenaline when I had undressed and started running the hot water over my body, Alex’s voice on stage always gave me a rush. I shuddered. He didn’t realise that it did that to me, and its not as though he could ever find out. It hurt to think of this, that the one person that made me feel so alive could never find out that he did this to me. I shook my head, I didn’t want to think about this now, not when I was on such a high.

‘Jack, bro, do you have the pink scrubby thingie?’ I heard Alex asking, awwhhh! ‘pink scrubby thingie’ he was so adorable sometimes. Argh! No, don’t think about that! I peeked around the shower curtain to see he was standing there in just a towel around his waist. I looked at him for a second too long again before I spoke, its not as though I hadn’t seen him in a towel before, damn I’d seen him naked so many times before!

‘oh uh yeah man its here,’ I made sure it was really soapy and wet before chucking it at his head, it bounced off his face and he made a surprised look before shouting ‘hey!’ and grabbing it, running towards my shower, holding his towel on with one hand. i stepped back and wrapped the curtain around me as Alex attacked my face with the pink scrubber. Rubbing it right into my eyes.

‘alex!!’ I mumbled, ‘you got suds in my eyes!’ I blinked trying to get the stinging to stop as alex stepped away from my shower and headed into his own chuckling. I rinsed my face and grabbed my towel, rubbing my eyes to stop the stinging. I laughed as well. I knew I’d get him back for that. I stumbled into the dressing room in my towel and pulled on a pair of boxers, I was wandering around looking for the hairdryer when alex came in.

‘I’ll get you for that..’ I teased.

‘come and get me then I'm waiting!’ teased alex. I winked at him accidently… then turned away and grabbed the hairdryer. I didn’t want to see if he’d taken that as part of the joke or was actually weirded out by it. I hoped he thought it was part of the joke. We went about our own dressing and zack and Rian came back after a short while. Rian was holding a handful of bras. Only the usual of course…

I seemed to be spending an increasing amount of time thinking about Alex. I mean we’d known eachother since freshman year when the band had started. He knew more about me than anyone, even my own family. That I wasn’t always the dude that took his clothes off and behaved like a total idiot. We’ve been through a lot together, and I knew that these weird feelings for him that I’d had for a long time could ruin everything, so I wouldn’t say anything. Nope, no way. Never.