The First Day As Seniors

Today has been good so far. Since today is my first day as a senior, I awoke early so I wouldn't be late on this particular day. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those studious nerds that literally depend on school. But I don't belong in the skivers category either. Molly and I may be popular, but we do actually care about our grades, and upholding our scholar reputation. This means we belong to the minority of the 'populars', compared to the other popular folk, who don't seem to mind serving burgers for the rest of their lives. Molly is my best friend, she's literally my other half. It's near impossible to see one of us without the other, since our timetables were changed into a parallel one. I had to walk to school on my own today; which earned me rather weird looks this morning. Molly's parents are the polar opposite to mine; they are able to predict their daughter's every move, and drive her to school on the first day of every school year. Whereas mine...well considering I hardly see them, I'm not so sure how to describe them.

"Emmie!" Molly yelled, whilst shoving people out of her way. "I'm finally here!" she announced, coming to a dizzy halt.

"Happy new year Molls, what took you so long?" I playfully scolded.

"Hey I didn't take that long, it's still 2014," she mock-grumbled.

Laughing, we made our way towards our lockers. We do have separate lockers, but have been sharing mine for as long as I can remember. As she dragged her folder out of the confined space, I held her bag open for her. "Wanna come over on Friday after school?" I asked, as she attempted to fit the monstrous blue folder into her considerably smaller bag.

"Friday'll be gone and past, by the time my bag's packed," came the sarcastic reply. "But yeah I'll come."

Grinning, I offered my larger violet bag as an alternative.

"Since we're in chemistry together, how about I carry that folder for you?" I sweetly suggested.

"Oh goody!" she exclaimed.

As Molly subjected my poor bag to her monstrous folder, I discreetly found myself observing her. She had a light tan from all the voyages she'd been on, a petite figure, topped off with masses of brunette hair that attractively waved around her pretty face. Molly had the deepest eyes Emma had ever seen, heavily rimmed with long dark lashes. Small specks of the reflecting light sparkled amidst the swirling darkness. Light pink lips, and a neat slightly-upturned nose, completed her gorgeous appearance. Damn she was beautiful.

As long as I can remember Molly has always been there for me, and I for her. Now that we were both seniors, I was determined to concentrate on becoming what I wanted to be; an interior designer and songwriter. Molly was drawn towards theatrical media and dancing.

"Ummm Emmie?" Molly interjected, midway through my thoughts.

"What?" I mumbled, realising I must have been staring.

"You kinda just wandered off into your own world," she informed me.

I subconsciously nodded.

"Oh yeay!" she suddenly exclaimed.

Noticing a few people turning around at the sound of her high pitched squeal, I hurriedly shushed her.

"Shh Molls! What is it?" I demanded, as I slammed the faulty locker shut, before swinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Jane just texted me," she announced.

"Um cool?" I asked, worried for her if this was what all the excitement was about.

"Turns out that jerk of a boyfriend has actually cheated on me, like you predicated," she dramatically sighed.

"Oh, James," I replied, while we made our way down the corridor towards our first class.

"This is what I love about you!" Molly squealed again.

"Molls you've really got to stop squealing it's unbecoming for a young lady!" I playfully scolded. "What is it you love?" I added on curiously.

"You didn't say 'I told you so'," she sang, evidently in a good mood.

Spinning around to face her, I placed a hand on her shoulder to hold her steady. "Molly what's up? Your acting weird; I mean your boyfriend just cheated on you and your acting like it's your birthday!"

"Emmaaaaa, c'mmon you actually think I liked that prick?" she drawled.

I looked at her strangely. "Are you drunk?"

James Anderson was one of the schools star basketball players. Tall and lean, with floppy sandy hair, and green twinkling eyes, he certainly was attractive.

"Your not even upset?" I quietly asked, after an awkward silence had commenced.

"Nope, he's had an eye on Ashley for ages. I just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt," she announced.

Just then the shrill bell sounded, announcing it was time to head to french.

"When you gonna tell him that it's over?" I discreetly asked, as we joined the moving mass of students.

"In french, I believe he's in our class," she replied matter-of-factly.

This is my third book, and I'm just so grateful for all the support you guys have given me for my two other books! (One Chance & Pearl Per Murder) Please tell me what you guys think, as this is my first time writing a girlxgirl xx

Weeshannyxx

Ps: thanks to my editor Brunetx who has helped me in so many ways and made this book possible!