8

y/n's pov // first person pov
_ ___ _______________________________________________ ___ _

"Yes! Yes, of course!" I told him with the brightest smile.

He stood up and hugged me tighter than he ever had before, and the crowd clapped.

I was crying like a little kid, holding onto him like he was life support. I heard him sniffle and I knew he was crying too.

He escorted me off the stage and we went and sat back down.

The awards soon finished off, and Stranger Things won their award! I couldn't have been more proud getting to watch a Finn and the rest of the cast walk up there to claim their award.

Finn took my hand in his and I leaned into his side.

"I'm calling my own seat." Gaten announced as we walked out to get into our ride. The limousine was a little cramped with all of us in it at once.

I was squished between Finn and Sadie. I looked over to Caleb to see him sitting uncomfortably on top of Noah and Millie.

"Fuck it." He mumbled and began lying down on top of them.

"CALEB!" Millie screamed and tried pushing him off her. He ended up getting stuck between Noah's legs and the cup holder.

"Milliebobbybrownhowcouldyou?" Noah gasped at her.

"What? It was uncomfortable." She laughed, looking at Caleb. He rolled his eyes and tried to relax in the uncomfortable situation.

We reached the after-party pretty quickly, seeing as the venue was only 4 minutes away from the awards.

We all shuffled out of the car and into the building. Finn wrapped his arm around mine and looked down at me.

"I love you." He told me, but I couldn't hear him.

He furrowed his brows. "What?" I yelled over the loud music.

"I said I love you!" He shouted. I heard him this time.

"WHAT?"

"I LOVE YOU!"

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"I LOVE YOU, Y/N L/N!" He yelled, and the people around us turned at the noise.

Finn turned bright red and I giggled at him. "I love you too." I told him, booking his nose. He smiled at me and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

I hummed in response as we followed the rest of the cast to where everyone was hanging out.

It was a great experience, getting to dance and sing along to some songs with a bunch of our favorite celebrities. Me and Finn had a blast.

Finn had his arm wrapped around my waist the entire time, scared that if he would let go that I would be whisked away into the crowd and lost forever.

However, we were a little startled when the music stopped playing.

( this is where this story becomes even more unrealistic for the sake of the drama 🌚 )

We all looked towards the DJ, who was no where to be seen. Finn looked down at me with a confused expression. "You think he ditched us?" He joked around.

I shook my head. "Finn he's getting paid for tha—"

I was interrupted by a scream coming from the doorway. I jumped at the sound of a gunshot, and more screams.

My ears started ringing and I felt Finn pulling me over towards the bathrooms.

I couldn't move my feet, and I could barely see Finn trying to shake me out of my shock.

"Y/N! Y/N!" I came back to reality, my makeup smearing by the tears of fear coming form my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, holding me in the corner of the bathroom. I nodded. The stalls were all open, so we got into one of them, and locked the door.

Finn pushed up my dress and told me to stand on top of the toilet so they wouldn't be able to see my feet. "Finn, they can, they can still see yours." I told him, hugging him as tightly as I could.

"Guess that jacks it up, huh?" He tried to lighten the mood, holding me close.

I cried into his nice suit, and we both waited it out.

I panicked when I heard the door open, and footsteps in the bathroom. My breath hitches and Finn covered my mouth.

There was no point in knowing they weren't going to notice us, my dress was way too extravagant, and it seeped outwards in all directions. It would be hard to miss.

The shooter shook the door behind us, and Finn kissed my ear.

The shooter stopped shaking the door, and left the bathroom.

Me and Finn looked at each other with hope in our eyes. Why would they just leave like that?

"I love you." Finn told me.

"I love you too, so much." I replied, kissing him sweetly.

After minutes of waiting for silence, Finn turned around and unlocked the door. "I think we should run for it, we're not safe in here, they know where we are."

I nodded in response, afraid of speaking as Finn stepped out of the stall, he helped me peek out the door as we made a plan to get outside.

I almost fainted when I looked out past the door, and Finn pulled me back inside the bathroom, letting the door close quietly. He put his hands on my shoulders and sighed, trying to take it in.

"I don't know what you're about to see, or who you're about to see, who didn't make it out, but please when I tell you to run, run. Don't stop to try and pick someone up because those shots sounded deadly." He paused.

"I can't lose you."