Chapter 8: Twilight's problem

Yuki's POV
They should be back by now, it was getting darker outside and I began to worry about Ms. Honda and Twilight. I began to pace back and forth in the kitchen. Kyo told me to stop 3 times already but no matter how hard he tried, I couldn't. I ran my hand through my grey and purple hair and looked outside once more hoping to see them but, they still weren't't back.

"I'm going out for while." I made my way to the door.

"Where are you going Yuki? You shouldn't leave now, it's to dark. Come back inside," Shigure said waving his hand next to him mentioning me to sit down.

"I'm going to look for the girls, it's way to late for them to be out at this hour. I'll be back."

I ran out of the house followed by Kyo. "Where do you think they are?" He asked reluctantly. At times like this, he doesn't act like a real pain in the ass.

"They're probably still on town. If not, we'll find them on the way there," I answered as we ran side by side.

Light shone through the end of the forest and we were on a side running before we knew it. We looked around and were close to where Ms. Honda works when we head a familiar scream.

"Twilight! Twilight! Wake up! What's happening to you?! Somebody please help!" It was Tohru's voice.

"Tohru!" Kyo yelled to her. She spun around seeing us as we made our way to her.

She was on the verge of tears. I looked at her hands and saw Twilight on pavement. Her hair in her face, and blood dripping from her mouth.

"What happened Ms. Honda?" I asked as Kyo pulled her up.

"She, she started coughing all of a sudden when we were laughing. She said not to worry about her, but then she began to cough up blood. Then..." she said in between sniffles letting the thought trail and she began to cry harder. I looked at Twilight and a puddle of blood had gathered underneath her head.

I picked up Twilight and we ran back to the house. "Shigure!" I yelled scaring the wits out of him. "Call Hitori now!" I yelled as I opened the door.

He looked at my arms and ran for the phone. I ran upstairs into the Twilights's room and put her on the bed. She began to moan in pain and tossed and turned. She then began to cough violently in her sleep and some blood flew onto her shirt. She curled up into a ball and mumbled, "Please...just leave me...I'm sorry...Yuki...Kyo...Tohru..."

Sorry? Sorry for what? Her face turned red and she was rasping for air, like she couldn't breath. I pulled a chair from the desk and sat next to her. *Poof!* Before I knew it, she had transformed into a black fox. This was the second time I saw her like this, her ears were pressed down and I plucked her up g on the bed and brought her to the bathroom washing some of the blood off her fur, which was seen on the white fur. I laid her back down on the bed placing paper towels underneath her so if she coughs again. I looked at the black fox, half closed eyes, trembling paws, twitchy tail, and clenched teeth. I got up and made ny way downstairs seeing Hitori at the door with with Shigure leading him upstairs. I checked on Tohru and Kyo. Kyo fearlessly chattering his teeth nervously. This was the first time I''ve seen him like that. Ms. Honda was pacing back and forth in her room. I walked back to Twilight's room with Hitori behind me. I opened the door and Hitori stiffened at the sight of the fox. He walked closer to the bed and looked at her.

"It's Twilight, isn't it?" I stiffened at his correct assumption and Shigure walked in with a calm yet serious look.

"Yes, it is indeed Twilight. But she does not wish for Akito to know of her excistence."

He nodded his head in a 'I will not tell' manner. He took a blood sample and put it in his case. He fixed his white coat and fixed his eyes on me and Shigure as Kyo and Tohru walked in.

"What's wrong with Twilight? Is she alright?" Tohru asked, almost begining to panic.

"This isn't something new, she dealt with this problem ever since she was born." We shared glances amongst another. "It's an internal problem of hers, we don't know what causes it but it happens every so often if she cannot control something in her."

I was confused. Can't control something. What is it that she can't control? Him and Shigure shared glances and he looked at us. "She suffered this every so often at the Sohma's estate mainly at night when she's asleep, that seems to be the main time. This is the first time I had heard that she was awake when it happened." He looked over at Twilight and pulled the blanket over her. "She has a high fever right now but she will be fine. She just needs plenty of rest. It's only a temporary blood spill."

I felt bad for Twilight now, it must be horrible to deal with this.

Hitori stood up and said, "I Mus get going, don't worry, I will not tell Akito." He left the house and I stayed next to Twilight as Tohru and Kyo went back to their rooms. She turned back to human, and luckily the blanket was over her.

She cringed and grunted painfully in her sleep and I held her hand. Her skin as burning and she looked like she was about to cry. "Please wake up Twilight..."

I laid my head on the bed and was desperate to just see her eyes open, but blood dropped from the corner of her mouth and I thought she was gone I found myself silently crying and slipped into sleep.

Twilight, I already lost you once, don't leave me again...