Only Human

He left her.

Nobody expected it.

Nobody saw the signs.

They expect her to move on.

But after all...shes only human.

When they found his body in the green house, she was the first to know. She didn't know what to say. she just asked to practice for her cello audition.

People looked at her like she was the one who died. they tried to apologize and say that they were sorry but that wasn't going to bring him back.

People blamed themselves. it was nobody's fault...except hers, she thought. she blamed herself, she told herself that she should have known.

She couldn't have known.

Nobody could have known.

She visits his grave every now and then.

They sent him back to his family but they have a grave in Toronto so people can visit him.

She went to his funeral. she wasn't going to go because they wanted her to speak. she talked about how everyone needs to stop blaming themselves for his death. she added how he mad a bad choice but that she understood that he thought no one could help him.

She ran out after her speech. she just walked around town crying. she eventually found herself sitting in the park, alone, crying.

She felt someone sit on the other side of the bench. she looked over and saw a handsome boy.

"Now why is a pretty lady like yourself sitting alone crying?" the boy said sincerely

"I just went to my boyfriend funeral..." She said looking down

"Oh I'm so sorry" he said "I'm Miles, Miles Hollingsworth." he said offering her his hand

"I'm Maya, Maya Matlin." She said shaking his hand

They spent the next couple hours talking and laughing. she realized then...that being only human...is a great thing.

//////////////////

A/N: sorry that this is kinda sad but I wanted to do this after I listened to the song Only Human by Christina Perri