The truth about Itachi's story

Naruto's P.O.V

During the time of rebuilding Konoha, Granny Tsunade was still in a comatose as Danzo was appointed temporary Hokage. A Kage Summit was set in Tetsu No Kuni (The Land of Iron). I've also received word that Sasuke was going to be killed as a traitor. He assaulted the Hidden Cloud Village. It's still a news that I can't get over with. I refused to have Sasuke executed, in my eyes he will always be a member and a ninja of Konoha, he wasn't a traitor. Then before I knew it I was beaten to the pulp by a Kumo-ninja. I believe they were Killer B's followers.

In the meantime I'm currently in a medical tent, recovering from the bruises the Kumo-ninja gave me. "Naruto! With all the incidents which have happened, you as a Jinchuuriki you shouldn't be moving outside the village! The number of times you've lost control, the last battle you released eight tails! It's too risky!"

"I met the Fourth!" I blurted out. Shinju gasped in shock, and Captain Yamato looked at me in awe. "How is that possible?" Shinju stuttered, "The Fourth Hokage died during the Nine-tails attack!"

"Shiki Fuujin is a sealing technique we don't know much about. The Fourth must have left some of his spiritual energy once the seal was finished." Kakashi-sensei explained. With that being said, I wanted to prove that Sasuke wasn't going rogue at his own free will, I had to explain the mystery behind the Kyuubi incident.

"At that time, the Fourth told me that a masked member of the Akatsuki was behind the Kyuubi incident 16 years ago." A picture of the masked Akatsuki appeared in my mind, he had the nerve to manipulate the beast! "He was bearing the Sharingan." Kakashi-sensei continued. "Only a member of the Uchiha clan who left the village he hated and is powerful enough to summon the Kyuubi is Madara Uchiha."

"The Fourth also explained that Pain might have been manipulated, if Sasuke has joined the Akatsuki, then that means he is being used by this guy as well."

"We need to relay this information to the higher ups and the superiors. Sai, report this information to the Hokage." Sai nodded, getting ready to leave. Kakashi-sensei then asked me a question I never expected him to ask me. "Naruto, what did the Fourth tell you?" I was surprised, as I saw sadness looming over his face. Kakashi-sensei stayed silent for a moment and looked up. "Fathers have a lot they want to say to their sons, no?"

"Same goes to mothers." Shinju looked down nostalgically. I smiled at them. "He told me he believes in me!" Kakashi-sensei smiled and put his thumbs up. "Great! Naruto, you will go see the Raikage."

"What?! No, that's a bad idea, Senpai!"

"Why won't you do as I, your senpai, tell you, Tenzo?" Sneaky teacher, I snickered. "Didn't you promise me you wouldn't use that name?!" "Yeah, yeah..." Kakashi-sensei waved off.

Shinju giggled at their silly antics, she bent down to me. "Naruto, before we go, please hear me out on this." I looked at her seriously. "The Raikage isn't a person who you can easily change. I hope you'll be the first to convince him. He's stubborn as a rock!" I nodded to her. "I promise I will make him change his mind!"

A few days later we headed to the Five Kage Summit, where the climate was unbearably cold. Captain Yamato and Shinju kept on shushing me, but I couldn't stop sneezing! "There he is!" Shinju observed the ground stealthily. The Raikage met up with the three man team of Kumogakure. The blonde man spoke up. "Samui, you've been tailed." Shinju tensed and glared at Captain Yamato. "So much for your tracking seeds! We've been exposed!" She whisper-yelled. Captain Yamato glared back. "Be glad I have those tracking seeds, otherwise we wouldn't have allocated the three bozos from Kumogakure!"

"So much for discretion!" Shinju seethed. Kakashi-sensei sighed at their ridiculous quarrel, I was happy on how carefree she was, compared to what she was when team 7 was first created.

"Come out, you Hidden Leaf dogs!"

"Dogs?! Dogs?!" Shinju cried in outrage. "Says you , Banana Spilt Hair style dude!" She seethed quietly. I snickered. "My ANBU code name is Inu." Kakashi-sensei said slightly offended.

"We might want to show ourselves before Banana Split Hair loses another strand." Shinju said deadpanned.

"Please, pardon Sasuke!" Is what all I could say, he refused. I pushed more, but as Shinju mentioned previously it was impossible to convince the Raikage. Sasuke was now an entitled criminal who worked for the remains of the Akatsuki. Persisting and trying to convince the Raikage, nothing worked. Just like Shinju said, it was impossible to convince the Raikage. Shinju lead me to an Inn as I walked away defeated and disgusted of failing my attempt on saving Sasuke once again.

I lied on my futon tossing around, as I couldn't get any rest with Sasuke on my mind. A hoarse voice spoke out of the blue. "How about we talk, Naruto Uzumaki?" I turned abruptly to see Madara sitting comfortable on the balcony. Fury rushed through my blood as I formed a Rasengan. I crushed the balcony creating an explosion, but Madara was out of sight. "Rasengan right out the bat huh? " My clone disappeared, and Madara was standing on the roof.

Wood come out of nowhere, and a wood wall was quickly formed in front of me, with captain Yamato standing protectively around the wooden barrier. Madara was already bundled up in wood thanks to what Captain Yamato created. Kakashi-sensei appeared behind him forming a Chidori.

"We won't let you get your hands on Naruto that easily, Madara Uchiha." My sensei stated coldly.

Shinju's P.O.V

"None of our attacks work against Madara Uchiha." Yamato stood in front of Naruto. "But, I know it's necessary for you to manifest physically in order to capture Naruto."

Madara chuckled. "Naruto...You have aroused my curiosity." Aroused? Couldn't he have used another word? It sounded like he had an obsession with him! I though disgusted.

"What do you intend to do with Sasuke?!" Naruto asked angrily. He would do anything to protect his friend despite him becoming rogue. "Tell me about Sasuke!"

Madara stared at Naruto for a while. "Sasuke, huh? Very well. I'll tell you. About the man whose hatred of the ninja world runs through his bones to his very core." I listened carefully. For a few months, I haven't heard of him for a while. "Sasuke's story cannot be told without mentioning Itachi. I'll start with his backstory."

Naruto stared at him with pure hate. "You're lying!" He refused to accept it. Tenzo didn't seem to believe the story either.

"He died for Sasuke's sake and for the Hidden Leaf Village." Dad's Chidori was still going on.

"What does that mean?" Naruto lowered his tone. "Knowing him, he would return to the Hidden Leaf to carry on Itachi's will," Madara replied calmly. " You might have assumed you understood Sasuke's true feelings. You were badly mistaken."

"Did you turn Sasuke into that?!" Naruto asked enraged.

"No, I didn't." I stared at Madara fearfully. Those times with Sasuke, were disintegrated for good. It wasn't a lie, he was going to destroy the village.

"It's a lie!" Naruto shook his head in disbelief. "He chose vengeance. Sasuke's motive at this moment is to take revenge against the Hidden Leaf. To repay for what they did to Itachi and the Uchiha clan. " The knucklehead looked down in dismay. "Naruto, you will probably end up fighting Sasuke one day. A battle that was predestined ages ago." I glared at Madara, restraining myself from beating him to the pulp. "I'll have Sasuke validate the existence of the Uchiha." Madara looked down upon Naruto. "You think you can make Sasuke have a change of heart, like you did with Nagato?" Nagato? Did he mean Pain, the man who destroyed Konoha?

"Don't liken Nagato to yourself!" Naruto yelled at him infuriated.

"You're right. Talking to you is meaningless." I clicked my tongue in annoyance. Madara turned to me.

"What a beautiful Sharingan you have, too bad it wasn't yours in the first place." Dad glared at him not wanting to bring back the horrid memories he experienced. "You have nothing to say about my family." Dad warned him.

Madara teleported himself away. He used the advantage when we lowered our guard! I gripped the hilt of the sword tightly. I only needed to fight him when it was necessary, but this time wasn't the case.