VIOLET EYES

CHAPTER 1

Stella’s POV:

Pretty rays of sunlight streamed through my window and the deep green curtains illuminate as the sun rose. Dust sparkled in the sunshine and danced across the room, slowly fading when it hits a lifeless spot of my cosy bedroom. 

My hand starts to go numb as my head is resting on my palm. As pins and needles start to take over, I lightly lift my head. My fringe falls down and blurs my peripheral vision as I stretch my hand, trying to make the pain go away. It eventually faded and I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I placed my feet on the carpet and sighed, entangling the white fluffy fur in-between my toes.

I could stay their forever, it was warm and I felt safe, something I haven’t felt in a while. I stood up and stretched, the satisfying cracks in my back, arms and legs felt good. I walked over to my curtains and slowly pulled them open, as the light shun, I was blinded and quickly covered my eyes with my hand.

The harsh rays quickly died down in a few seconds and I was able to see again. I pulled my hand away and unlocked my window, opening it halfway, letting some of the cool breeze in. Freshening up the stuffy room.

Walking over to my small walk-in-closet that is next to my window, I started to pick out my attire for the day. Monday 10th of January. First day of school. Justin and I moved to Hills Creek only a couple of days ago so him and I would be attending Hills Creek high together, the only high school in the area. We moved around a lot, so I never have the chance to make good friends. I hope he can change his mind this time.

I picked out a pair of dark green skinny jeans, a plain black tank top and a dark blue jean jacket that stopped at my elbows and at my ribs. I walked out and placed it neatly on the end of my bed. I went back inside and looked at my shoe range. My eyes skimmed across the large range of shoes, landing on some white vans. Perfect.

Placing the shoes on the carpet below my outfit, I walked to the other side of my room, to my dark vanity desk. Various necklaces and brackets were neatly hanging off abstract sculptures and my earrings were in a small glass box next to the mirror.

Grabbing a silver chained bracelet with various charms dangling off of it, diamond earrings and a green owl that hung low off a silver chain, I placed them next to my outfit and looked out the clock that hung low just above my vined bedhead. 7:00am on the dot.

I walked into my light blue tiled bathroom and closed the wooden door, locking it. I turned around and looked into the mirror. I gasped. Large bags sagged into my skin under my green eyes. I really didn’t have the best sleep last night. My hair… looked like a mess. Ruby locks flung left and right with a couple twists and turns in it. This is not the circus people! A large frown was placed on my lips it was actually depressing. Wait, is that… drool. Ew. I sighed. No body wakes up perfect I reminded myself. Stupid movies.

As I stripped down, goose bumps instantly covered my sun-kissed skin. Shivering my way to the shower, I opened the glass door and touched the metal tap, turning it to the right. Warm water instantly poured down on me, relaxing my bones. The water began to burn a bit so I turned the ‘cold’ tap to the right, just so a bit can come out.