Prologue

Sixteen years ago, 14 children were abandoned in Vatikina, Norway over the course of eleven months. Once they turned three months old, each of them would begin to show abilities. The American government bought them quietly for just over 400 billion US dollars. They transferred the infants to a secure base in Alaska where they could contain and train them to be weapons. 

Slowly, the tests and training drills became intense and the weak began to fall behind. And eventually, they died from the powers they were gifted.

The youngest died easier. The 12th found the first dead. She was Stacey, the descendant of Skadi. Next was Max, the descendant of Eir, the 10th found. And then Kurt, the descendant of Idunn, 11th found.

By this time, the youngest of them had turned 5. 

And then she died.

Her name was Emma. She was one of the two descendants of Loki and Sigyn. She was born from Sigyn and had the ability to see through lies. Her older sister was Megan, born from Loki. Megan had the ability to see, create, or summon monsters. They were close despite how different they were. 

The next death was Manny, the descendant of Mimir, 5th found. 

Then the twins, James and Thomas, the descendants of Týr, the 3rd and 4th found. 

And, last year,  Shawn, the descendant of Vé, 8th found, died and Nicole, the descendant of Hela, 6th found, let her powers get out of control, killing herself and Lisa, the descendant of Odin, 1st found. 

And that's where the story you are reading begins. 

With Megan, the descendant of Loki, 13th found. Yeah. Hiya, that's me. The one writing in this old journal. 

And Jericho, the descendant of Thor, 9th found.

And Vera, the descendant of Heimdal, 7th found.

And Harley, the descendant of Baldr,  2nd found, who just so happens to be one of the most important characters. But I could be lying... after all... I am a descendant of Loki.