Broken 3

CONTINUATION OF FLASHBACK

It's been four weeks since my last encounter with Tess which was the morning I realized I slept with her, after that day I went back to college and what happened has really been disturbing me, I feel guilty not for me sleeping with Tess but for me betraying Liza, yes, I'm sorry for sleeping with Tessa when drunk but not guilty, for the past four weeks different possibilities have been crossing my mind, what if Liza find out? Will I ever be able to face her not to talk of confessing my love for her? Should I tell her the truth? Will she be hurt if I tell her or if she find out? Of course she will be hurt because she love me and I slept with her best friend... "I'm such a fool"I said to my self in confusion.
I continue to think of a way out of this mess when I heard a knock on my apartment that I share with my college friend Jess who has gone for a frat house party, I went to open the door as my eyes met with the last person I think will be at my door.
"Tess!! What are doing here"I said surprise, she looked scattered and afraid what the fuck happened to her I asked myself in thought.
"It is freezing outside,at least can I come in"Tessa said with a shaking voice.
"Sure"i said ushering her in, she is wearing a blue cropped sweater that is one hand off shoulder over a pink tank top and a black sweat pant with black converse, her brown hair is curled like always and are falling on her shoulders, she is putting on no make up and her pale face, dark circles and eye bags shows she has not gotten any sleep for a long time, she look like a zombie.
"Liam?"Her voice snapped me from my thought.
"Why are you here and by this time of the day?"I asked, it is fucking 11:00pm, who fucking leave the comfort of their home so late in the night and drive for five hours to see a guy.
"I'm...."she said shaking.
"What are you saying "I said impatient, I was already getting irritated.
"I'm pregnant "she said as tears falls from her eyes and like that my world came to a stop.
"You are what? "I said still refusing to believe my hears.
"I said I'm pregnant!!"she said yelling, "I don't know what to do anymore "she said has she slumped on the sofa crying.And there was silence for what lasted like a live time.
"Since when did you know"I said summoning all the courage in me to speak.
"Two days ago, I swear I didn't want to tell you, I don't want to ruin your relationship with Liza but I don't know what to do anymore "she said between tears.
"Who is the father of the child"I said not wanting to believe I'm responsible and I regret saying it, but before I could take my words back I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek, Tess just slapped me.
"How can you ask me who the father of the child Is!! You are the first person to have sex with me and you are the only person and you know it so don't you dare ask me who is the father, do you understand !!! "She said shouting on top of her voice enough to catch attentions from the neighbors.
"I'm sorry"I said feeling embarrassed, what the fuck went wrong with me to say such a thing I sure just called her a whore by saying that and it must have really hurt her but I'm also hurt how the fuck I'm I going to handle this situation, geez my cheek is till in pain from the slap she sure slaps really hard... wait I'm I really bother about the slap when I have such a big problem to solve.
"So what are we going to do"I asked putting my attention on my feet I still don't know how to face her since that night incident.
"I don't fucking know, that is why I'm here"she said slumping down on the sofa again and I had a litte pity on the sofa.
"Terminate the baby"I said without thinking.
"What the hell did you just say!!! "She said on top of her voice.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean it"I said looking at my feet in embarrassment, I can't even face her after what I said please remind me later to learn how to shut my mouth up sometimes.
"Do you know what"she said whipping her tears. "I will keep this baby, I don't care if u take responsibility for my baby, I will leave here I will go faraway maybe to Australia just somewhere far from you and your beloved Elizabeth, you can have all the joy you want, and I wish you both a happy life, good bye"she said and I felt like the ground should open and swallow me, I just stood there not able to say a word, it was the bang of the door that jolted me back to reality.