13: Meet my Mom

Elliot's view

We finally get to my parent's home and park in the drive way. Brooklyn and I get out, but before walking to the door, I hesitate a little.

Brooklyn turns to me and reassures me by saying, "It's going to be okay." She grabs my chin to lift my head so that she can give me a quick kiss. Then we walk forward together and meet my brother at the door as he knocks.

Not even a second passes before my mom opens the door with the biggest smile on her face. She immediately grabs my brother and squeezes him in a hug. Max yelps out in surprise and pain, and then my mom grabs me and pulls me into the hug.

My mom stops hugging us and her smile falters as she focuses in on Brooklyn, "Oh hello. I didn't know that my children were bringing company, but the more the merrier I guess."

Brooklyn extends her hand for my mom to shake and says, "Hello, I'm Brooklyn."

"Wonderful to meet you, now all of you come in now. It's cold out," my mom says pushing us into the house.

My dad pops around the corner and he comes over to give Max and me a hug. He notices Brooklyn and says hello, "A friend of Elliot's?"

"No, actually she's my..." I get cut off by the door bell ringing.

"Who else did you invite?" Max asks.

"Just a lovely lad. He's a son of my friend, he is about your age Elliot," my mom replies running to get the door.

"What!" I blurt out. I turn to look at my dad, "Did you know she was going to do this?!"

"No. I don't even know what's happening?" my dad replies putting his hands up in defense.

"Oh shit," adds Max.

"Did your mom just set you up on a date?" asks Brooklyn.

Before I can answer her my mom comes back with a guy. I'll admit he has nice features, he looks somewhat handsome, but I'm gay. I like girls. Most importantly I like Brooklyn.

"This is Kevin," my mom introduces him to us. "Kevin, this is my family. This is my husband, my son max and most importantly my daughter Elliot. Oh and this is Elliot's friend, Brooke."

"Mom! Her name is Brooklyn and she is my girlfriend," I reply steaming with anger.

"That's what I said. She's your friend. We don't need to add her gender, that's silly Elliot," my mom replies.

"NO! I meant that we are together!" I try to explain.

"I know that you two came together, duh," my mom says.

"Oh my god, that's not what I...," I stop because Brooklyn puts a hand on my shoulder. I glance at her and she gives me a look to let this go.

"Now that everyone is here, how about we set the table? Everyone follow me into the kitchen to get things set up. My parents and Kevin leave the room.

"This is not what I expected," Max blurts out.

"No shit," I reply rubbing my eyes and sighing from this mess.

"Okay, so it seems like your mom is unaware of how gay you are," Brooklyn teases.

"No, she knows. You don't understand. My mom has never really been that accepting, she doesn't say anything to me, but she always tries to set me up with guys. It's like she ignores my sexuality," I explain.

"She'll come around, Elliot. Just give her a bit more time," Max suggests.

"Max, it's been eight years since I have come out to her. How much longer does she need to process it?"

"Maybe if she sees how happy you are with Brooklyn she will understand?" Max adds.

"Maybe. She has never really met any of my past girlfriends before."

"Oh wow. So I'm the first you have taken to see your parents?" Brooklyn asks and I nod. "Well shit, the pressure just sunk in. I'm already doing such a marvelous first impression," Brooklyn says as she starts to pace around.

I immediately go to her side and hold her in place and force her to look at me. "Hey, don't worry about first impressions. Who cares what anyone thinks, I want to be with you. You make me happy."

Brooklyn begins to smile and she pulls me in for a kiss. I kiss her back and wrap my hands around her waist and I feel her put her arms around my neck to pull me deeper into the kiss.

"Um, guys...Not to ruin the moment, but we should go into the kitchen, or mom will get upset," Max says before turning the corner.

Brooklyn breaks away from the kiss, but I pull her back in for another one. She smiles into it and slowly pulls away again. "We should listen to your brother."

"I don't want to go into the kitchen, I just want to stay here and keep kissing you," I pout.

"I want to do that more than anything, but we need to go, babe," she whispers.

I sigh and let go of her so that we can go into the kitchen, but Brooklyn suddenly grabs my arm and pulls me in for yet another kiss. "I just had to do it one more time," she replies smiling widely.

"Well, I'm glad you did that. And don't worry, there will be plenty of making out when we get back to your apartment later," I tease. She smirks at me and I intertwine our fingers and pull her behind me as I walk to the kitchen.

Like hell I'll let my mom ruin this for Brooklyn and me. I might love this girl and I'm not going to let her go. No matter what my mom says, I'm not going to break.

--------------

Author note: How do you think the dinner will go?

Next update is next Thursday.