Chapter 8. The Picnic

Kacey's POV

I listened to "Scarecrow" by Alex & Sierra. This song was in my head for a long time.

- What we will do? - Jane asked.

- Let's have a picnic in the forest.- I suggested.

- Sounds good. I like your idea. As to food, I'll care of it.

I didn't deny. We decided go to the forest and make a stop near the lake. I thought, it will be interesting. I took my mp3 pleer, my daybook, small lamp, a covering. And I didn't forget about the plates. We were ready.

- The adventure number 2.- Jane said smiling,- I hope, this picnic will be without the guard running for you.

I said nothing and turned "Try" by Danielle Bradbery on in my ear phones. This song is so beautiful! I love it so much!!!

The sun shone brightly through the branches.

- "So let your heart sweetheart be your compass when you're lost".- Jane quoted.

We walked between a lot of high trees and looked around. It was a nice place. I felt good myself in the forest. I loved nature. We both found the most comfortable place to stop there. My phone rang. It was Hunter's message. I sighed. But it was pleasant anyway.

From Hunter: Hello! What are you doing? I'm in the airport.

I answered:

From Kacey: Hello. We have the picnic in the forest. Where do you go?

From Hunter: I'm going to Nashville downtown. Have a good time.

"What?! He is here? Why?" I thought.

From Kacey: Why are you here?

From Hunter: I will make my musical video in Nashville. And... I'll see you.

I didn't want to answer.

- Are you upset?- Jane asked.

- No.- I smiling.

Then we were arguing about rain.

- It will be rainy.- Jane said.

- I don't think so.

- I think so.

- It won't be rainy.

- No. It will.

- No.

We were so stupid. I just don't know why we argued. Was it something wrong with me? I have never argued on account a trifle.

- The rain.- Jane said.

The rain became stronger and stronger.

- Let's hide under the tree.- Jane screamed to me. The rain was so noise.

My phone rang again.

From Hunter: People told there is a storm in Nashville. I'm worried about you. Are you ok?

I can't answered.

- Here is no signal, oh...

I was wet. And I felt cold.

- Are you frozen, Kacey?

- Yes. It's cold. Why didn't I read it in weather-forecast?

We stood under the tree, but there was a powerful wind. I became afraid and sat down on a hummock.

The storm was very loud. I wanted to be in my room at home.

- Take my jacket,- Jane said,- Oh, it's damp too.

- What arre we ggoing to do? - I asked with sadness in my voice looking at the black sky.

- I don't know. I'm frozen too. We should to run to home.

- But we can't.

- Can we stay here? Under the high tree during the storm?!- Jane screamed.

We decided to run, but suddenly one of the trees fell down. We were so scared of it. The falling tree didn't touch us, but I was afraid to die under another tree. I began to cry. Jane looked around with the fear in her eyes.

I fainted.

Hunter's POV

I was in Nashville. When I was sitting in the car looked out the window and saw trees shaken because of powerful wind. Oh, how dangerous is it. I need to write to Kacey again. They were at the picnic! Oh no!

She didn't answered me. Suddenly my phone rang.

- Yeah, Kacey? -I said.

- Kacey?- the voice,- Who is she?

- Kelly? Is it you? I'm sorry.

- Who. Is. She. I asked.

- My friend.

I sounded with emotions.

- Why didn't I know about her?

- Why do you need in?

- I'm your best friend. Don't you know it? I care about you, Hunter.

- Well. I have to go. Bye.

- Stop! Hunter, what are you going to do?

- I have to save Kacey, if she need in my help.

- You even don't know it. Don't be stupid. There was a storm warning in Nashville. You can't...

I hang up and asked the driver:

- I need to be on that street.

I called my friend Jack, which lived in Nashville.

I was near the Kacey's house in few minutes. I knocked the door:

- Who is it?- woman's voice asked. I guessed, it was Kacey's mom.

- Excuse me. I want to see Kacey. Is she here?

- No, I'm so worried about her. Who you are?

I had no time to answer and just run to the forest.

- Heey!- Jack screamed,- Hunter!

We both run to the forest and I didn't think about something except Kacey. Jack looked around. He was the brave guy. We run further and further. It was rainy, but the wind was weaker than before. Soon I saw the lake in the distance.

- They can be there.- Jack said and we run towards the lake.

Yes! They are here! We run along the coast.

- Kacey! Kacey!

She didn't answer. Oh my God. I'm afraid because of her. I took Kacey and walked to her home. Jack helped Jane. She was almost fainted.