Kidden || Chapter 8 - Extras ||

-Dave's P.O.V-
We were taking our last and final walk through Vegas, my arm was around Sportsy and we were looking at the wonderful sights all around us. We took each and everything in with only five second glances, I especially, would occasionally look at Jack to see him smiling. A small child ran up to us.
"Have you seen my Dad?" She asked with an innocent face, she was wearing a brown striped sweatshirt, brown shorts, black leggings, boots, and an oversized fluffy sweater. She looked adorable, but why is she looking for her Dad?
Jack spoke before I could, "No, but we can help you find him if you'd like."
"Really!" The girl said enthusiastically, I could tell I was in for one hell of a ride.
"Sure kid, but why are you walking up an' down the streets?" I asked in the most polite manner I could manage. She looked down, almost having guilt.
"Well... my Dad left me near a casino two days ago, he said he'd come back but he hasn't picked me up yet. So now I'm looking for him!" She said with guilt and hope. I feel bad for the kid, she was abandoned at a casino for probably no reason.
"All right," I didn't know what to tell her, I know helping her would be pointless since her father doesn't want her, but I want to keep her hopeful for at least a few minutes, "We'll help ya find your Dad, that way you can go home." I went down to her level and held my hand out. She grabbed my hand.
"Okay Mister purple man!" She said happily. I felt bad for her, I was on the streets for way longer but to be directly abandoned by your parent? That's just... terrible.

~a small timeskip brought to you by: Dave feeling bad :,))~

-Kate's P.O.V-

We were walking for a while, and I was starting to lose hope. They said it was late too. Did he leave me? The two men were arguing far enough for me not to hear. I didn't know what they were talking about. Are they going to leave me too? My thoughts started to hurt me, it felt like ice cubes shoved into my body. I started to cry. What about first mom? Will she come back for me? Dad said she's gone, but maybe? I thought of home, my bed, my toys, the kitchen, the couch. Second mom doesn't like me. She won't come for me. I stopped staring at the ground and started looking at the two colorful men. What are they talking about?

-Jack's P.O.V-
"Dave what do we do? We can't just leave the kid out here, we can't take her either! What do we do?" I was arguing with Dave about what to do with Kate, he said to 'take her with us', but what if her Dad really comes back for her? We might even get in trouble, how would he take care of a child?
"It's simple Jack, We should take her with us. We shouldn't just leave her out here, her father didn't care enough so we will." He had a point, but how do we care for a child? I started to look away, but then Dave's hand went under my cheek and gently had me look into his eyes. "It'll turn out alright, okay?"

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess who's making them parents on purpose? Me. When I though of this fic I planned far, I planned specifically for them to adopt a 10 year old girl wearing a bunch of brown clothing from the streets of Vegas who was abandoned by her dad. Her full name is Kate Bolt btw, she's basically an OC (Do NoT steAL!1!111!!!) but specifically for the fanfic, not anything else. But basically her story is: Her mother died when she was 8, her father (Daniel Bolt) was eager to find another girl to marry for his own mental stability. He found another girlfriend (second mother/stepmom; Danielle Bell) and married her later on that year. Danielle did not like Kate at all, thinking she took attention away from her. Basically she told Kate's dad that if she doesn't leave Kate out of the picture for good she'd divorce him, so he abandoned her in  front of a casino saying he'd be back in '15 minutes'. So yeah that's Kate Bolt's lil backstory :v

See you next extra