Chapter 21

After his very long visit at Elvira's apartment came to an end, Lelouch bids her farewell with an advice that she should get a job sooner or later because Lelouch wouldn't be always there to give her food and money.

Right now, Lelouch is in the same park where he met the certain blonde haired girl. He is currently sitting on one of the benches while enjoying a book he has been reading ever since he got here and embracing the cool peaceful atmosphere.

"It seems to me I am trying to tell you a dream--making a vain attempt, because no relation of a dream can convey the dream-sensation, that commingling of absurdity, surprise, and bewilderment in a tremor of struggling revolt, that notion of being captured by the incredible which is of the very essence of dreams...No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream-alone." Lelouch reads the lines of the book as his cold amethyst eyes narrowed, his mind lost in the book's pages.

"Heart Of Darkness, right?" A familiar meek voice inquired which brought Lelouch back to reality.

"Yes. A tale of how a man chooses to go into the bottom of the pit of darkness while his mind slowly descents into madness." Lelouch coldly replied before slowly looking at the sources of the voice which left him in shock.

"It's nice to meet you again, Lelouch."

Standing in front of him is a beautiful girl, with dark violet eyes and dark silky straight hair that reaches down all the way past her hips. More than just a beautiful face, her body is slender and matured for her age. One of her most significant physical features are her extremely busty chest which have grown over the years ever since they last met. A fact that Lelouch wouldn't want to think about because it is the only thing that changed ever since he last saw her.

"It can't be. Katsura-san?" Lelouch inquired for confirmation that he is not seeing things nor he's just seeing someone that looks like her.

"Yes. It's me. I'm so happy to see you again, Lulu." The girl now known as Katsura confirmed with a warm radiant smile that quickly brought a smile to Lelouch's face, "Can I sit with you?"

"Oh, by all means." Lelouch gestured her a seat in which she slowly took, "After all, we got a lot to catch up"

"Yes. That's right. How are you these days?"

"Well, I made a lot of friends just like I always do. But we can all agree they're all not like you. Because you're my first and my only childhood friend which brings me back to my questions. What about you? How are you holding up these days?"

At that, Katsura's mood saddened and her eyes filled with innocence slowly looked down in shame in which Lelouch quickly took notice of, "It's still all the same with me. All my classmates, boys and girls alike, avoid me and I don't know why. My parents will be transferring me to another school again this year."

"I'm sorry." Lelouch apologized before gently placing a warm hand on her shoulder as an act of comfort, "But hey, at least you got me again and now that I'm here, I'm going to make it up to you. You still like horror films, right?"

"Yes, why?" Katsura questioned before finally realizing Lelouch was getting at, "Oh, no. I can't. It's just-"

"Oh, come on, Katsura-san. It'll be just like old times and besides, that horror film I heard about will be no longer in the theaters tomorrow. So, what do you say?"

"Now? And just us together?" Katsura questioned as her cheeks began to heat up.

"If that's what you want, consider it done."