~02~

~The next morning~
Kat didn't sleep much through the night, she couldn't stop thinking about Alex. And what had happened to him, she had an idea of who it was but she didn't understand why.

Once her daughter had woken up and was happily eating her cereal at the kitchen table, Kat phoned her brother to see what he was doing,

"Hello, Brother." She greeted

"Morning," Will rasped through the phone, "you woke me up."

"Oh sorry! I just wanted to know your plans for the day"

"I was gonna go to the Res and hang out with Jacob for a bit. Why?"

"I need a catch up with Billy anyway, I'll pick you up in an hour"

"Cool, love You, bye." He hung up. 'Mardy bum' she thought.

"Come on then, Sweetheart. Let's get you ready" Rosa jumped off of the chair she was sat on and placed her bowl on the counter, before following her mother up the stairs.

 Let's get you ready" Rosa jumped off of the chair she was sat on and placed her bowl on the counter, before following her mother up the stairs

^^^^^Rosa's outfit

^^^^^Katerina's outfit

~1 hour and a half later~ 

Katerina pulled up to the little red house and parked her car. She jumped out and watched as Will helped her daughter out of the car. Thunder once again jumped out afterwards as they couldn't leave him home alone for large amounts of time. Kat then walked towards the door and knocked gently. The door opened,

"Long time no see, Cowboy" She grinned.

"Certainly. Will, Jakes in the garage"

"Thanks Billy" Rosalice stared up at her mother with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Will!" He turned around at the sound of his sister's voice, "Take Rosalice with you" he nodded and the little girl ran to him and jumped into his arms as he caught her in a hug.

"Who's Jake, Uncle Will?" They heard Rosa question as they began entering the house.

"So, how've you been?" Billy asked

"Ugly truth or pretty lie?" Billy gave her a look, "Ugly truth it is. Not great to be honest. I found out my ex husband was murdered yesterday."

"How?"

"Police reckon it was an animal attack, I'm calling BS" Billy, already knowing that Kat knew the big secret, eyed her suspiciously.

"Who do you think it was?"

"See, I think it was Sebastian but I'm not completely sure."

"I thought you said he left just after Rosa was born?" She nodded

"He did. No note, no text, no goodbye, Nothing. He just up and left." They heard the door open and saw Jacob, Will and Rosa enter. Rosa ran to her mum and sat next to her on the sofa.

"Mummy! Mummy!" She pulled at mother's top, "Jakeys building a car!" Katerina chuckled

"Really?" Rosa nodded her head excitedly and Jacob approached them with a cup of Juice for the little angel.

"Thank You, Jakey" he nodded and messed up her hair causing her to glare at him and fix it.

"Your Welcome little one"

Jacob and Will eventually left to work on the car and Rosa decided to stay with her mum. Thunder was laying at their feet until he heard the door open and shut, and got up. A rather familiar man walked into the room and looked at Kat for a second before turning to his friend,

"Don't try and flirt with my sister, I'll kill you" Katerina almost snapped her neck at the familiar sound of his voice and stood up.

"Samuel Uley," she greeted, "You called me your sister."

"Katerina Blake Swan," he replied before pulling her into a hug, "I sure did."

"I've missed you, Sammy." Katerina whispered

"I've missed you too, Kathy." He pulled away and looked at her daughter, "Last I saw you, you were only just starting to walk."

"Mummy?"

"This is your Uncle Sam, Rosalice" She nodded and hugged her mother's leg. Then Thunder jumped up Sam and barked happily.

"Oh, oh

A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a busta (busta)
Always talkin' about-" Her phone rang and she quickly answered it,

"Hello?"

"Katherine?"

"You've got a nerve calling me"

"I'm sorry"

"No you aren't" she whispered, "why did you do it? Huh, Sebastian?"

"He hurt you so I hurt him" she walked outside of the house and motioned for Sam to watch her daughter.

"You killed him" she whisper yelled.

"Im-" he tried to plead, but she was having none of it.

"No! Don't apologise, how on earth was I suppose to tell my daughter that she's never gonna see her dad again?"

"Look! He was a waste of space anyway, she doesn't need him in her life. She has You, and you are way better than he could ever be okay?"

"I hate you"

"You don't mean that" She hung up and walked back inside with tears stinging her eyes, truthfully, she couldn't hate him.

Sam took one look at the person he saw as his younger sister and best friend and immediately knew that something was wrong. She looked devastated, and he hated it.

"C'mere" he said and she pushed her face into his chest whilst taking deep breathes. She suddenly remembered something and pulled away whilst looking at him with a disappointed expression.

"You havent introduced me to your friend Sammy" she smiled soft. "I'm Katerina Swan, but most people call me Kat or Katherine. Pleasure to meet you" she looked into the man's eyes and found herself becoming lost in them. She looked away a second later with a look of confusion on her face, he was staring at her like she was the whole world or something.

Paul Lahote didn't quite understand the woman that Sam had called his sister. He'd never mentioned a sister before and she was quick to change the subject to him after coming in looking heartbroken. The beyond gorgeous woman had stunned him, he was lost. Paul never thought he'd get an imprint and he swore to himself that if he ever did, he'd ignore the bond so that his soulmate wouldn't have to be dragged into his dangerous world. But then he locked eyes with her, Katerina Swan, and he couldn't even begin to imagine being without her, his light, his gravity.

"Paul Lahote" he finally answered, "the pleasures all mine."