09. the one who was touchy

RACHEL PLARAS
"Shawn is happy with you."

We were back from Los Angeles since this morning, and we were currently driving to Shawn's parents' house for dinner.

Since we were in Los Angeles, Shawn and I didn't have a fight, we were only laughing and teasing each other. It was very fun and I discovered a new Shawn.

"I'm excited to see your dad," I said as he nodded. "Are you okay Shawn?"

"Yeah, I am." He replied a little aggressive as I looked through the window. "I'm sorry Rachel." He said putting his hand on my knee.

"It's okay," I replied not looking at him.

"You sure?" He asked as I nodded. "Okay."

"I told you to call me Rach and not Rachel, we're friends, not strangers," I said as he chuckled.

"Sorry." He said as I shrugged. "So we're friends?"

I looked at him. "Of course we are! What do you think?" He shrugged as I remembered, my date, I totally forgot him. "Oh my god Shawn, I forgot my date." He laughed. "Don't laugh it's not funny!"

"Anyway you will call him after, we are here." He said parking the car.

I got off the car and watched his house, she was perfect for a family. When we came in, it was even better, it was a nice place.

"I love it," I replied. "Your house is cute."

"Thank you." He replied leading me in the kitchen. I looked down at our hands and they were intertwined I didn't even feel him take my hand. "Hey, mom."

"Oh hey, guys!" She said hugging us. "How are you, sweetie?"

"Better, thanks, Karen." I said as she smiled. "What about you?"

"Great I'm happy to see you again." She replied.

Shawn leaned in. "I'm gonna to leave you two alone." I nodded as he kissed my temple.

"You guys are cute together." She said as I laughed nervously.

"Karen, we're not together," I replied as she hummed.

"Shawn is happy with you." She said out of nowhere. "I know it, he's my son Rachel."

"He is a really great guy, a little lunatic," I said making her chuckle. "But he's nice and he has been very supportive."

"That's my son!" She said smiling. "I was scared that you told me that he snapped at you for no reasons. You know Shawn is really weird sometimes."

I sighed. "He did yell at me." She opened her eyes. "At the beginning, he was sweet then he would find a way to argue with me."

"What a stupid boy." She exclaimed as I chuckled. "I hope he's better now."

"He is." I replied. "I really hope we're not going to have another fight. They are silly fights." I said as she nodded.

"Typical of Shawn, sorry for him." She said as I shook my head.

"Don't worry Karen." I said patting her shoulder. "Your son is a good guy."

A few minutes later, Shawn came back with her father, Shawn went behind me and put his hand on my waist he was very touchy since LA but I didn't mind.

"Dad meets Rachel, my new roommate, and my friend." He said as his dad looked at me.

I extended my hand "Nice to meet you Mr.Mendes, I'm Rachel Plaras." He shook my head and smiled.

"Call me Manny." He said. "Nice to meet you, darling, you look beautiful." I blushed.

"Thank you," I replied.

After Aaliyah joined us, his family was amazing, they were funny and very kind. And suddenly, I was missing my family.

Sitting on the couch, Shawn by my side his hand on my tight as he slowly traced circles with the pad of his thumb. Aaliyah was sitting next to me, her head on my shoulder, I could tell that she was asleep because of the snores that came out of her mouth.

"Can I take a picture?" asked Karen as Shawn and I nodded.

We smiled at the camera then I slowly woke up Aaliyah telling her that we were leaving, I went upstairs with her. After I came back downstairs I hugged Shawn's parents and promised them to come back really soon with or without Shawn.

"Thanks for coming today. My parents love you." He said as he drove back to the house.

"No problem, the feeling is mutual," I answered smiling. "You're an amazing guy Shawn."

He thanked me then I noticed something, Shawn Mendes was blushing at my comment, this little detail made me smile even harder. He made me feel things.

[EDITED]
Hey!

I hope you love it :) also sorry for the mistakes, I suck whoops.