Chapter 2

For months now I had been trying to stop this disaster from happening, this was the actual apocalypse. I was a researcher for CityLabs, a coorporate that tried to prevent these mass destructions from happening.

This must have been cause by viruses, the same viruses I was working on cures. I had given up all my time for these last ten years to destroy this threath and, knowing that I had failed miserably in protecting the world, I was devastated.

When my coworkers and I started working on cures we had been approached by one of the creator of the first virus and he had told us that his mates wanted to spread it and he no longer wanted that to happen, then he gave us a sample which we used to create a cure. He hadn't came out to his friends, so he became a mole for some time, but later they found out.

We got another mole in their team after a lot of work, but when we got new information, it was too advanced for us to work as quickly as them. After  a while, less and less information came to us and because of that we had to work as fast as we could.

We destroyed the threath of some viruses by inserting the cures into vaccines, not known by most people and not accepted moraly by the ones that did know. The population would fear us if they knew but it was for their good, some wrong doings were acceptable if they were for the greater good.

Now, everything was gone. Everything I worked for was in vain. I had to get over myself, I was alone, not knowing what the world had in mind for me was terrifying. I started drafting a plan, I would travel around the country to see if it was just my city. Before I begun I turned on my TV and it was blank, no one was there. After I checked the US, I crossed the border to Mexico and the scenery was the same: no human was  alive but on the way I found animals living in complete freedom without their captors.

I decided to go to Amazonia, it was there that I had started my research for cures and it was the place where most animals existed, so that I wasn't going to be alone. 

I went back to the US, actually to Nevada, I entered the mystic Area 51 and was blown away. The sight was caotic, broken glass, fallen people, broken machinery... After roaming for a while I ate and slept. 

As I woke up I gathered as many weapons as I could get and took 'em to an aircraft. The take of was not that difficult, the right wing had scratched the ground a bit but we could still fly. The actual flight was quite turbulent,since I had never flown an airplane before I was very impressed with my capabilities. I remember thinking that the old me would be terryfied of that, but now I had nothing to loose, no one was waiting for me, no destined future ahead.

Obviously, I crashed. I actually maintained the aircraft flying for much more time than I inicially expected, but ended up crashing when looking down to the Amazonian forest. The impact from the fall didn't surprise me. My head bumped against the control panel, I felt my body being pushed back almost as if by falling gravity in the cockpit, and maybe also in the cabin. The plane hit some trees and brought them with it as it ripped the ground beneath me.

My body couldn't take anymore damage and so I passed out. I woke up to a soft, soothing and welcoming female voice. As I looked back on the precedent days, I wished for all that to be a dream and to find myself back in my bedroom, realising that was not going to happen I opened my eyes. 

The view I found in front of me was definetly not what I expected.