Watching

Ayano carefully followed Senpai. Even the tiniest creak of a floorboard could ruin everything. Senpai walked carelessly in the spring sun, a warm breeze ruffling his black hair. The cherry blossoms where budding and the world seemed to gush out color and joy. Not for Ayano. To her, everything was dull and gray. No, monotone, that's the word for it. The pink cherry blossoms seemed gray and lifeless. Senpai was the only one who could give her world color... or so she thought.

          ~Ayano x Oka~
Oka flipped through the pages of her book, searching for something new to try in attempt to summon a demon. She was the leader of the Occult Club. This was made public by the red band around her arm. It was a part of her uniform. All club leaders wore one. Her thoughts filled with demons and ghosts. How would she try to summon the undead today? Would it work? What needed to be done differently? She suddenly snapped out of her trance. There was a voice. It wasn't one of her club members.
"Uh... hello?"
The voice was soft, and a boys voice, though higher pitched than most. His name is Taro. He was in his final year here at Akademi high. He was a senior. Or as the Japanese would call it, Senpai.
"I think you're in the wrong room..." Flustered, Oka looked down.
"Aha, no. Your club seemed cool so I decided to stop by," Taro responded cheerfully, with a smile on his face.
Oka could feel her face get a little red. He was talking to her! Someone wanted to talk to her because they thought she was...cool.
"Uh... I'm sorry...we are going to summon a demon. Would you like to join us?" Oka's voice was deep as she lifted her head to meet his gaze.
"A demon? That seems scary! Ok, I'll see how it goes," A laugh was in his throat as he responded.
Flustered, Oka hastily set up candles around the occult circle. Her fellow club members gathered around, their dark hair in their face, bags under their emotionless eyes. Realizing how spooky they were, Senpai, A.K.A Taro, took a step closer to Oka.
"Please stand behind a candle," Oka instructed, blushing.
"Oh, right."
Ayano could hear chanting as she peered into the room, careful to remain unspotted. She was following Senpai to make sure he got home safely. It was a normal part of her routine, but he hadn't followed his normal schedule today. He had stopped by the Occult Club. Normally, this wouldn't bother her too much, as long as he had left quickly. But he had stayed, and to top it off, he was talking to a girl.
"This is fine," Ayano whispered to herself, her fists clenched. She had eliminated threats before. She would simply do it again. She would make sure no one would ever, ever, take Senpai away from her.
The next day he stopped there again. This time, Senpai and Oka walked home together. And the day after that they walked together as well. And the day after that. And the day after that.
"Haha, you're cute when you try to be scary," affection was clear in Taro's voice.
"You think I'm...cute?"
"Of course you are! Oh you're blushing. I'm sorry, was that too much?"
"N-no! It's fine."
"Ok then. This is your house, right?"
"Yeah. Thanks."
"No problem!"
They waved goodbye as Taro kept walking to his house and Oka unlocked the door to hers. Her house was white with a red door.
"How clique," Ayano thought to herself, rage coursing through her veins.
She convinced herself this was a good thing. Now she knew where Oka lived. It had been a hassle, following Senpai down a new path. It was harder finding places to hide, because she wasn't familiar with the terrain. And, now she had to hide from two people. Ayano's black hair glistened in the summer sun, and fallen cherry blossom leaves stood out as they fell on her head, the bright pink very different from black. Now that she knew where Oka lived, she could easily kill her. She would choke her in her sleep, hit her over the head with a bat as she did homework, or poison her food before she had dinner. Maybe she could throw a toaster in her bath! So many ways! Dull anger caused her stomach to churn as she thought up ways to eliminate her rival. She twitched her eye. Anymore time senpai spent with her would be more time he was in danger. Danger of not being with Ayano! That couldn't happen! Four days was already far too long! Ayano ran up to Oka's house, and peered through a window next to the door. Oka was on her couch, studying.
"Oh, you won't have to worry about midterms," sinister thoughts circled her head.
"You won't have to worry about anything soon,"  Her whispers procured actions as she began to pick the lock on the door of Oka's house.