自業自得

"Work of self, obtainment of self."

|Y/n pov|
I stretched my arms out to the sun above.I felt peace in the suns glorious golden light.
"Sooo coooll!Onee-sama who taught you how to fight?"

"My mother...Well my real mother.That woman you saw isn't my mother."I answered while whipping the blood from my sword.There was tap on my shoulder,Hyakkimaru was trying to gain my attention.
"Hm?"

*point down.*

"Real mother?Oh!She passed away after I turned Six and my training was complete.....Do you miss her?Of course I do..but theres no time to dwell on the past.Let's keep moving."Hyakkimaru nods then proceeds to lead the way.
"So!Why did you runaway from home?"

"Like any princess,I'm being forced into an arranged marriage and I'll be damn if I fall into that fate.I was planning on running away for a while but since you guys came I found a better way!You two come across evil and I want to fight,so why not help you guy on your journey."Dororo eyes sparkle brightly after my explanation.
"Oh Who gave you Haru-chan?"

"More like I found him."I said petting his little head while he was wrapped around my neck loosely.I told Dororo that Haru stays around my neck unless he's needed to fight or when i went to sleep.
"Umm how can he fight,he's so tiny?"

"You'll see when the time come little one."It was nice to make eye contact with people,it felt nice to wonder the about the land of Japan.
Dororo told me all about the places they've been so far.
"So the man was trying to protect the demon?Strange...Well if you think about everyone has something they try to hold onto and protect.This world is lonely."

"You got that right but it's not so lonely when you have someone to travel with but honestly when you find people you can trust,life becomes easier.I hope you can trust us!"Dororo said grabbing my hand.
Children are so innocent,even when the world is unforgiving to them.
I picked Dororo up and placed him on my back.
"Give your feet a break for now."

"Onee-sama you're so kind!Thank you."

"No problem Doro~"It wasn't long before he fell asleep on my back and Hyakkimaru tilts his head at the sudden quietness of Dororo.
"He was tired,I seen it all over his face!Doro was really worried last night that we'd get attacked.You should pay more attention to this little tyke."He nod after I lightly scolded him for his careless behavior with Doro.

The walk is peaceful nonetheless as we approach a village when the sun began to set.
"I'll get an inn for the three of us,we'll take a break here and continue at sunrise."

*nods*He takes Dororo from my back and followed me in.I paid for a room and the hostess shows us to a medium sized room;Just what we needed for the night.I tucked Doro in and opened the sliding door to look at the garden and to allow fresh air into this stuffy room.

|Hyakkimaru pov|
She looked up to the moon humming a song to herself.It was still odd to hear someone hum...But she took a deep breath and sang outloud.
"I will never stop this prayer leaving my lips
Someone please show this child what love is
Take those tiny hands and leave a kiss~"[1]

I could tell she was attached to Dororo.Y/n then closed the sliding door as a burst of cool air caused Her and Dororo to shiver.
"Are you going to sleep Hyakkimaru?"
I shook my head and point at the futon then back at her.
"Thanks,goodnight."She soon closed her eyes;hiding her Bright hues from the world....And from me.I only wish I could see what they look like.Dororo keeps talking about them.

After a while of silence something wiggles around her yukata.

Why do you stare boy?

I jumped to my feet at the unknown voice and readied my swords but saw no other soul around.

Silly boy,down here.

The voice mocked as I looked at the source;
The fox spirit.
Why do you choose not to speak?You can hear but choose not to listen and yet you were lured by her song...Her voice...just like that womans...Mio.

I frowned when he said her name.
Oh?I struck a nerve,hahah you humans are so..What's the word..Sensitive about the smallest things.Well I'm gonna rest now,that kid can talk the bark off a tree.

He rest his small body next to Y/n's leaving me to be the last one awake.

Their souls are odd,it would seem that her soul is a color I've never seen again but honestly I haven't seen much to begin with.

✿✿✿

A warmth hit my face and I felt something nibbling on my face as well.
"Ah!Bad Haru that's not how you wake people up!"

"Hahaha!I thinks that's exactly how you should wake people up Haru-san!"

"Don't encourage his bad behavior because he'll start chewing on you're face next."Y/n said in a warning tone that ended with a giggle.
"I wouldn't mind!Haru-san is soo cute!He's like a furry snake with a fox head!"

".......You're not wrong but uh that's an odd way to putting it.Let's get going, it's nearly sunrise."She moves from me with Haru but I stopped her and tapped near her eye.
"I'm pretty sure you can see it."I tilt my head and once a again she giggles.
"I was told by a blind priest that the true color of my soul at peace is the color of my eyes."I took in the welcoming color of her soul..I touched her lips and they moved.
"Falling fast asleep
May this little boy find blissful dreams
Among the ash and flames that light up the night sky
One by one, falling softly~"[1]Her voice was soft and pleasant to hear in my ears.
"Do you like to listen to people sing?I'll sing more...Only!And only if you ask...Verbally~"

"Oooh!She must of found out!"

"You're not as voiceless as you seem.I heard that grunts when you got hit.I..I'm curious as to what your voice sounds like.So just this once...Say please."I frowned a bit trying to trying to form the word.
"Pl-Please?"

∴━━━✿━━━∴

A/n- [1];The Musician's Score - 14th Melody (D.Gray-man)

Also Haru just likes to fuck with people because well...He's a fox it's to be expected!

LMH🗻