The Board

I decided to buy the cottage. I mean, it was perfect and the price was within my budget. I called up my best friends Alana and Vivek. they both worked with me at countdown but lucky Alana was promoted to manager. so she gets more cash. DAMMIT that could've been ME if my boss, Gabrielle, wasn't obsessed about the fact that I dumped him. well Vivek and Alana helped me move my stuff to my little house on the other side of town. it only took 2 trips with 3 cars holding my stuff. we finished moving everything inside so we decided to look around. Alana followed me around my house as I jealously wished I had her AMAZING hair. its long, blond, her curls were perfect and fell into place without her trying and it flowed behind her like an ocean of glistening blue waves. Vivek on the other hand, I felt sorry for him. he was handsome, but no one seemed to ever like him as more than a friend. as we searched through old boxes In the cellar for useful stuff. I suddenly felt an urge to kick the wall, right where my friends were standing. I slapped myself out of my unexpected trance and swaggered over to my friends. I decided to kick the boarded up wall with all my remaining energy. "what the HELL?!?!" shouted Alana, jumping back and aiming to punch me.  Vivek quickly lunged forward and grabbed Alana's arm. "dude, the wall was boarded up for a reason. why'd you kick it...holy shit" he said as I picked up a Ouija board from the mess. "p-put that th-THING back" said Alana, terrified. "why? its only a game Alana. why are you lookin' at me like that? WHAT?!?!" I screamed as they both backed away, not taking their eyes off me... wait they were looking behind me... shit. I sprinted up the creaking stairs with Vivek and Alana right  behind me, almost right on top of me! I threw that damn board on the ground and leaned against the wall, trying to catch my breath. suddenly, my boss walked in.