Part 11

(Yoongi's POV)

"So. Got anyone you're interested in?" My heart beat rapidly in response. I had recently come to terms with the fact that I liked someone so I wanted to see if Hoseok had either.

"There is this one girl... But idrk. We haven't talked much I just think she's attractive." He shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing to him. "How about you? Any girls you into at the moment?"

Why the fuck would he ask that question? Oh, right. I asked first and I haven't come out yet. "Um actually Hoseok... I'm gay..." there was an awkward silence surrounding us.

"Oh... So, any guys you're interested in?" He said looking down to his hands where his fingers were fiddling with each other.

"Um yeah there's this guy on the schools dance squad that I think is really attractive." I gulped mimicking Hoseok's actions.

"Oh cool. Do you mind me asking, what's his name?" Don't tell him about Jimin.

"I actually like Jimin..." another awkward silence.

"Nice. Jimin is really nice from the few times that I've talked to him but I don't know if he returns your feelings or not." I panicked quickly thinking about the possible outcomes of this conversation.

"Yeah no I'm not expecting him to return my feelings at all. After all, why would anyone want to go out with me? I'm ugly and scrawny." I sighed deeply wondering what Hoseok's reaction would be.

"Well yeah I guess. It's getting pretty late and we've still got practice and school tomorrow so I should get going." He said looking up at me with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah course. And don't worry about training tomorrow morning. I think you deserve a rest from it." I said returning his smile.

And with that, we parted ways for the night. God I hope he doesn't tell anyone...
__________________________________

Arriving at school the next day, everything seemed normal and I felt like everything was going to be ok.

Classes went through as normal and for once in my life I didn't entirely hate school. The bell for period five to end finally rang and I headed to the gymnasium as usual.

Entering the locker rooms I heard faint whispers of "he's gay?!" And "ew. I don't feel comfortable changing around him anymore." "Yeah like what if he has a crush on one of us."

I walked in further to see everyone on the basketball team kind of huddled around Hoseok. "Guys chill he doesn't have a crush on any of you. He has crush on Jimin from the dance troupe." I could tell that once everyone else's eyes had landed on me, they were petrified. But Hoseok hadn't seemed to notice. "Guys what are staring at th-" he stopped abruptly once he had turned around and locked eyes with me.

"I can't believe you." It was almost a whisper. I was desperately trying to hold in the pain that I was feeling at this moment. The betrayal was just too much for me to take. So I left.

I walked calmly and quickly towards the exit of the school, Hoseok calling my name constantly.

He finally caught up to me and grabbed my arm turning me around to face him.

"Yoongi I'm so sorry. I though everyone already knew and once I started explain-" I cut him off cause I have had enough of his bull shit.

"Hosoek. Save it. I don't care. You told them my biggest secret which now means that the entire school will know within the span of five minutes. Now get out of my face and out of my life. I will not talk to you at all. Goodbye."

"Yoong-"

"I said goodbye Hoseok."

By this time tears were streaming down my face and I was fuming.
__________________________

Once I got home and connected my phone to the WiFi, it went nuts with notifications from Twitter and Instagram and after a few minutes multiple texts popped up.

I decided not to deal with it straight away and just let it sit for a bit while I prepared dinner for my mum & I.