More than Just Friends

Epilogue :

His hand slowly moves up and down my back, caressing it. Then with his other hand he plays with the tip of my nails. I could fell his lips brush over my scalp.” Maybe is I just told him, he’ll be alright with it. Maybe he’ll feel the same. Slowly, his hand reaches over, lacing each of his fingers with mine. Oh dear lord, I could die right now and be okay with it. He made my heart flutter like a butterfly with each move he made.  A hint of old spice could be smelled on him, just enough to drive me insane. I was head over heels for this boy. I have been ever since I met him.  He was my protector, my shoulder that I could cry on, but especially my best friend.

Strip by Chris Brown started to blast from his phone. He got up, pulling off his side of the blanket of which we shared, revealing his perfect washboard abs. Putting back on his black Stussy sleeveless shirt, he picked up his phone. “Hello?” He grunted. “Oh, I’m not busy, Of course! I’ll be there soon!” Well he seemed giddy. Wait- what?! Of course he’s busy! We’re having our weekly movie night. What the hell was he talking about?! “Emma, listen, Trinity called and she wants me to come over to her house for a party since her parents are out of town…and uhh, I said I would go.” I stood up with a hurt expression spread on my face. So he was trading our movie night, which we’ve been doing since we were 5! For some stupid party?! “Whatever...” was all I could mutter. I got up, grabbed my beige bag off the floor and rushed for the door, trying my hardest to keep wet tears from gushing out.

  “Wait! Emmy! I’m sorry! Please listen!” He yelled as he ran after me. I was almost out the door when his arm caught my wrist. Damn. “Emma, please, listen to me!” My back faced him. I didn’t have the courage to look him in the eye without breaking down. “What’s there to listen to?” I squeaked. “Ashton, This isn’t the first you’ve ditched me. It’s been happening more and more now, and lately I’ve been brushing it off, but I can’t stand it anymore.” My back still facing him, I continued “Ash, You’re my best friend, and I love and care for you so much, but it hurts like hell when you’d rather spend our movie nights with some whore. I get that your popul- “ His hand drop from my wrist.  “WHAT THE HELL?! Did you just seriously call Trinity a fucking a whore?! What’s your fucking problem Emma? She’s my girlfriend for crying out loud! You can’t just talk shit about her in front of me.” He yelled.  Then there was a pause, before he started again. “Emma, what do you want me to do?” Another silence. “Please Please, Please don’t make me pick between you and her.” He begged. “It’s your choice” I spoke.  1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi. “Well?” I could hear him shift his body, which is now leaning on the door frame. “Emmy, please understand, Trinity and I have been going out for 5 months. I can’t jus-“  My hand tightened its hold on my bag strap. “Well then there’s your answer. Bye Ash” I said in a hush voice. As soon as I finished my sentence I ran past the drive way and down the street that led to my house. I couldn’t stop the tears any more, they just rushed out as I ran, blurring my vision.

He was my first love. And my first heart break.

__________________________________________________________________

~THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING “More than Just Friends”

It’s my first story, so it might not seem quite right. Feel free to Comment, Criticize or Share whatever is in your head about this story. I will be updating 2-3 times a week. And so far I’ve got the next 2 chapters done! So please continue reading. And COMMENT & VOTE! <3

Thanks Loves

P.S. (In this chapt.) Please note that Ashton is a year older than Emma but they are in the same grade.  Ashton is 18 and Emma is 17

~MM