Chapter 6- The World the Girl saw: The Struggle for Trost, part 2

Third P.O.V

Connie is shaking Armin. "Hey! What's wrong, Armin?! Pull yourself together! C'mon! Armin! C'mon, Armin! Hey!" Armin then seems to snap out of his daze.

"You've come to. You okay?" Connie asked. "Are you hurt? What happened to your squad?"

"My squad?" Armin whispered.

"Hey, stay with me now. Why is it just you?" Connie started to ask questions again. "Your body feels slimy. What the heck happened?"

Armin gasped, remembering all the things that happened. "I'm a useless good-for-nothing! I should've died!" Armin screamed at himself, clutching his head.

"C'mon, calm down, Armin!" Connie tried to comfort him. "Where're the others?" Connie's question made him stop crying and freeze.

"Go easy on him, Connie." Ymir said. "Wiped out. All except for him."

This angers Connie, making hi shout at her, "Shut up! Armin hasn't said anything!"

Ymir replies in a calm, monotone voice. "Look around! We can't waste our time with him!"

"Why was Armin the only one spared?" Connie asked, trying to convince himself than her.

"Who knows? Maybe they thought he was already dead. It's unfortunate they had to face multiple Titans, but if this loser is the only survivor, Eren, King and the others died in vain." She said in a calm voice, but her calmness just makes Connie angrier.

"Damn bitch, I oughta shut you up for good!" Connie shouts at her. Christa runs in between them.

"Stop it, both of you! We're all in shock! We lost a lot of our friends all at once... we can't help feeling upset!" Christa shouted, trying to knock sense into them.

Ymir threw an arm around her. "That's my Christa! Will you marry me after this operation is over?" Ymir then forces a laugh.

"Yeah... she's even crazier than usual." Connie said agitated. He then bends down to Armin who's still shaken.

"Anyway, we can't stay here. Can you get up, Armin?" Connie held his hand out.

Armin stood up ignoring the hand. "Sorry for the trouble." He then starts to walk away. "I'm going to the rear."

"Hey!" Connie exclaimed loudly. "Armin!" He shouted as Armin jumped off the roof and flew away.

Connie watches him for a second before he turns to leave.

This is hell... Armin thought. No... it didn't just get this way... I had it wrong all this time. This world was hell from the very start.

He then remembered when he was being bullied. The strong feed on the weak. It's so obviously simple. Kid Eren, Mikasa and King ran towards him. But my friends... Eren punched one of them, Mikasa threw another into a wall and King kicked one of them in they face. ...Tried to be strong in this world. Kid Armin looked at Eren's extended hand. They helped a weakling like me. But that was unbearable... He glanced at Eren, King and Mikasa, who had worried, fierce and protective gaze. In their eyes, I was someone who needed protection.  Tears ran down little Armin's face. I wanted to be strong like them and stand shoulder to shoulder protecting this world.

The hook didn't lodge into the wall, he fell and crashed. Armin held his legs crying. But look at the result. It's my fault that King and Eren...

He hears sniffles so he stands up and walk over to a young woman, "Hannah, what're you...?"

Hannah looks up "Armin, give me a hand! Franz isn't breathing! I've been trying and trying to administer CPR, but it's no use! Franz is going to...!"