Chapter 10- The Response- Attack on Trost: Part 6

King's P.O.V

When I look I see Mikasa and Armin look in shock and terror at the bones that surrounded us. I finally snap out of it and look up, and see a massive head swaying, through the ribcage.

"The last thing I remember is the sound of the cannon. Then came a loud shockwave and heat. We're inside a huge skeleton..." Armin said in disbelief.

Mikasa interrupted him. "Eren protected us." She said calmly.

"That's all we need to know right now." I finished for her.

"Hey!"

I see Eren running to us. "Are you guys all right?"

Mikasa stared at him with her eyes wide open.

"Eren, what is this?" Armin asked in shock.

"I don't know! But King was about to do the same thing. But his is going to vaporize soon... the way Titan corpses do. We need to get clear of here! They're either still watching us or they're preoccupied with something else. For the moment, the Garrison Regiment isn't taking action." Armin stood and Eren turned to him. "In the end, they'll probably continue their attack. After what they've seen... I seriously doubt that talking to them will do any good. But... I did recall one thing. The basement. The basement in my home!"

We all stood silent, listening.

"My father said I'd understand everything if I went there? Me and King became this way because of what my old man did. If I can get to my basement... I'll learn about the Titans!" Eren said.

He then slams his fist into a bone of the skeleton. "Dammit! If he knew, why did he hide it?! Isn't that information the last hope for humankind?! Thousands of Scout Regiment troops have lost their lives searching for it! And he kept it hidden away in our basement?! What the hell was he thinking?" Eren gritted his teeth, while Mikasa notices something. "And where's he been these past five years.?!" 

Mikasa grabs Eren's shoulder. "Eren, we have other things to do right now."

"Yeah." All four of us moved quickly. The smoke was starting to clear.

"I'm getting out of here." Eren said making me, Mikasa and Armin gasp.

"Where will you go? How?!" Armin asked.

"Anywhere for now." Eren replied. "After that, I'll scale the wall and head for my old basement... after becoming a Titan again.

"You can do that?" Armin asked.

"I don't know how I do it... But I have a feeling I can... the way I can't explain how I move my arm." He says while I get what he's saying.

"Earlier, you just reacted... all you could do think about was stopping that cannon shell. That's why that body deteriorated with any functionality or durability." I said while Eren nods.

Eren was breathing hard. "This time, I'll make myself stronger... a 15-meter one like the one that kicked Titan ass!"

"Eren!" Mikasa said, worried. "You have a nosebleed."

He wiped at his nose, looking at the blood staining his finger.

"You look pale, and your breathing is ragged... it's clearly messing with your body." Armin said, worried also.

"Right now, I don't give a damn about my condition!" Eren wiped all the blood from his nose. "I have two ideas in mind. If you guys don't try to protect me and King, you won't be killed." I agree with what he is saying.

"Yeah. We've already put your lives in danger." I said.

"From here on, I think me and King should go alone." Eren said.