• 10 •

• Lincoln's POV •

The car was so awkwardly quiet, the silence was almost deafening. I continued to look down at my phone, but when I looked up I noticed that everyone was sending each other knowing glances. I rolled my eyes in response. This is stupid. What was even more stupid was that music started playing.

TØP to be exact. It had always been Nina's favorite band, and I assumed she was playing the music. "Turn that stupid rap music off." Skai ordered. "I'm not playing it." Miranda replied. "No, she meant Nina. Turn it off." I said. "That's not me." Nina informed.

"Ok then, if it's not you who completely OBSESSED with that band, then who is it?" Peyton groaned. The music grew louder as we made it to a stoplight. I turned to the car next to us. The music was coming from there. All the windows in that car were down as well as my window. I turned to the side to look at whoever was in that car.

It was a bad idea. Then and there I was face to face with Kayla. She's a lot prettier in real life.

Kayla's smile faded from her face. She paused, letting the song she was singing continue to play without her. "Kayla? Why'd you stop singing?" A boy asked from the side of her. It turned out to be Luke, and he looked out the window and glared. "Close the window." Another voice whispered. But, Kayla didn't comply. "Hey, Lincoln." She smirked, waving out the window at me. I furrowed my brows. Why was she being so...nice? "How's it going? Excited for Dallas?" She asked. I didn't know what to do. This was so weird.

"Hey uhm—" I paused. What was I going to say? "I'm sorry? For whatever I did..." I told her. Kayla didn't reply because the light went green and both our cars went speeding away.

@kay.la

Liked By Bridget, skaijackson, and 4,374 others

:: sometimes you need to face your problems to over come them :)

3,375 COMMENTS

Bridget : GET IT GIRL

user1 : she's so annoying like why???????

user2 : KAYLA IS A KWEEN

skaijackson: literally fire 🔥

ThatBoyLuke : I love this girl so muchihhhh

macho123 : AHHHH ILY