Chapter 3 ;)

** NOTE THIS IS OPTIONAL TO READ AND DOESN'T AFFECT THE PLOT ITS ONLY IF YOU ARE WANTING TO KNOW WHAT MARINETTE WROTE TO CHAT ON THE LETTER. It may also give you more context so I recommend it***

Dear Chat Noir,

I hope this letter finds you well. I'm writing this because we didn't exactly leave off on the best terms, and I wanted to talk to you. The only problem is, I don't think you want to talk to me. All I ask is that you hear me out. Before you decide to throw this away and hate me forever, just read the whole thing? It will be worth your while. You may be a little confused right now, you know, since ladybug gave you this letter, and you have no reason to be mad at ladybug. But this letter isn't from ladybug, it's...

it's from Marinette.

I know you think that I used you to get over somebody else, that I never loved you and just needed the attention that he never gave me, but that isn't exactly true. Sure that's what it started as, but you were the best boyfriend a girl could have. And before I knew it, I was falling for you Mon Chaton. I did and still do love you. I won't stop, even if you grow to hate me.

I remember that night, the night in the rain, when I had told you what I believed to be the truth. I told you that I loved another. And I do. That's the problem. I love both you and him, despite you two being polar opposites. I don't know how this happened, but me loving him doesn't mean I love you any less. I tried to say this to you, but you wouldn't listen. I'd almost mistaken the tears running down your face as rain. You're sad embrace as loving. I never wanted to hurt you. I wanted to keep you happy, but it would be wrong for me not to tell you. I remember, with a quivering voice, you asked me "who?" And I couldn't muster the courage to tell you. I didn't want you to think I was shallow, that I fell for him because he was a model. But you deserve to know. The other boy I'm in love with is...

Adrien Agreste.

He's so much more than just a model to me, he's my best friend. I see his suffering under the smile he plasters on his face, the pain in his emerald eyes when someone mentions his family. And despite all of that. He is kind, he is sweet. He makes everyone happy. He makes me happy. He is day, shinning, sweet, happy, kind and gentle. And you are night, mysterious, cunning, but bright and funny, you know how to make someone feel amazing.
It's hard not to love the both of you.

So, that night on the balcony, when the rain felt like tiny knives pricking our skin, when you were so drenched that your blonde locks matted to your face, when you gave me one last hug, said it was over, I knew that's what you deserved. You deserve so much better than some girl who could never be entirely devoted to you.

I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you Chat Noir, and I will go on loving the both of you until I can entirely devote myself to you and only you. It wouldn't be fair to ask you to wait until that day comes and so I won't. I will ask that we can still be friends. I don't want to give you up, Chat. I want to see you, be with you, but I want you to be happy. So I will let you go. Just, please. Don't leave me Chat. Say we can still be friends. Take the time you need, but say you will forgive me, if that isn't too much to ask. I hope this letter gives us both the closure we need.

I love you,

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

** FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT READ THE LETTER, START HERE. ***

Marinette forced the paper into the envelope and closed it with the family seal, rolling her chair away from her desk as she sighed miserably. The front read in fancy cursive, Mon chaton. She fingered with the letter, knowing that this very well may be the last time Chat ever heard from Marinette. Sadness bloomed in her chest as she set the letter down, longing, craving to say what she wrote in person, but accepting that it wasn't a possibility. Her Kwami looked up the bluenette sadly, knowing that there was nothing she could do to help her host.