Sh0ck 4nd C0nfu5i0n

Everything happened in slow motion.

Virgil had gone for a slam dunk.

But in the process, someone had grabbed his hood.

Riiiiiiiiiip!

The ball made it in the basket, but Virgil was now falling.

I saw someone holding Virgil's hood, and we looked at each other, it turns out it was Issac that had ripped off the hood.

From where I was standing, it looked like Virgil was about to fall on his head.

At the last second, Virgil stuck out his hands towards the floor and did some kind of reverse combat roll towards the wall under the basketball hoop.

Virgil was standing now, bent over, panting, and facing the wall, not us.

The coach came over," Virgil, are you okay? That was a pretty big fall, but good combat roll!" I rolled my eyes, even in circumstances like this coach was still encouraging about physical activity.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He breathed out. He took off his air filter mask and bunched it up in his hand. Then he stood up, dusted himself off, and turned to face us.

That was when me and the other boys in our P.E. group, realized something was very wrong.

Virgil looked at us and for a moment was confused about why we were all staring.

But then he saw his hood, in Issac's hand.

Virgil's face morphed into an expression that showed confusion, fear, worry, and anger.

Virgil.

Was.

A.

Girl.

She had her long dirty blonde hair tied back in bun low on her scalp and hazel eyes that I could now see without her hood.

Everything from then on went very fast.

Virgil ran forward and grabbed her hood back from Issac. She then proceeded to run to her bag (that also had that stage number printed on it in white) on the bleachers. She fumbled around for a bit while we all stared at her, even coach! When she returned from her bag she held two things, a circular touchscreen watch and her fandom bearing made out of metal. (pictures for reference)

 (pictures for reference)

She tossed the metal logo in the air and it started to unfold

She tossed the metal logo in the air and it started to unfold. One second later it was hovering in the air in a completely different form. Virgil the tossed her ripped hood towards the hovering object. A holographic light came out of the object's lense scanning the hood and Virgil top to bottom while at the same time, making the hood disappear, reappear attached to Virgil's sweater as though it had never been ripped off. But now more appeared on Virgil's outfit, that strange fandom bearing came into view on the back of her hoodie and the strange number was on her upper left arm.

She then strapped the watch onto her wrist and said into it "Zero, this is North. My G.I. has been compromised and I'm going to need an airlift with a side of mashed potatoes. Pick me up in 1 minute." She rummaged through her bag again before pulling out three cubed and blinking devices about the and shape of large dice.

"You two! Catch!" She yelled pointing at me and Issac. She threw two of the devices towards us and out of confusion we caught them.

Virgil counted down with her fingers, 3, 2, 1...

Suddenly there was a high pitched noise that would give anyone a headache. Everyone in the gym (including the girl's side who had no idea what was going on at the moment) dropped to the ground and covered their ears. Except for me, Issac, and Virgil.

"You two follow me!" Virgil shouted above the noise. Issac and I exchanged glances before following her out of the gym, to the outside of the school. It was snowing.

We waited for about ten seconds and I was just about to ask her what was happening when we heard the sounds of a helicopter approaching. We looked up and flying overhead was a giant quadcopter. It looked like something I had seen in a sci-fi movie once. It started to fly closer to us. It was at this point that I realized the noise had stopped.

Virgil turned to face us. "Alright, give me those cubes back." Without hesitation, me and Issac handed them over to her. "Now listen, everyone won't remember what had happened in the last half hour. Don't tell them! Whatever you do, don't tell them. I will know if you have. I will explain everything tomorrow at lunch, but for the love of potatoes don't tell them!" She gave us a death stare as she said this. We both nodded and she seemed satisfied with that.

Virgil put her hood up and began to strap her mask onto her face again. The quadcopter was really close now. When it got close enough to the ground a ladder dropped down from it and Virgil climbed onto it. "I will see you both at school tomorrow, and by the way, my name is Veronica."

Even behind that mask, I could still tell she was smiling. She gave us a quick salute before she proceeded to climb the ladder while the quadcopter flew away. When it was out of sight and earshot, Issac and I walked back inside the school, and inside the gym where everyone was laying down on the floor. Only a few were sitting up and those who were up and about were groaning from pain and holding their heads.

Issac and I exchanged glances once more, we wanted answers, but tomorrow, where our answers were waiting for us seemed too far away.

A/N This chapter was fueled by the following music artists (in case you are wondering what I listen to when I write but you probably weren't lol XD) : Alan Walker (ofc), Aviici, Daya, Kesha, Pitbull, The Chainsmokers, Steve Aoki, Kygo, Major Lazer, Calvin Haris, and OneRepublic. Okee byee, I potato you guys! Thanks for reading! ~#23772