Chapter 16

Several days later, the king had announced he would hold a ball in all of our honor for saving Fiore. Yukino, Mira, Lucy, Lisanna, Wendy and I were all getting dressed together. I planned on getting all the other women ready before getting into my own dress. My dress was going to be a surprise since I knew if Lucy or Mirajane saw it they'd tell Leo and I didn't want him to see it until I joined him for the party. Yukino was in a beautiful full length, light green dress. Lucy, of course, decided to wear pink, with faux fur on the neckline. Mira wore a red dress with white vertical pinstripes. Wendy wore a white dress with black under-ruffles. Lisanna wore a lighter shade pink dress with subtle ruffles on the borderlines of it. Once they all had left the room, I pulled on my dress. It had a halter style top with a built in corset, the skirt flowed outwards once it reached my hips and the inlaid lace barely brushed over my strappy heels. The overall design centered around Leo's constellation, with Regulus and my star - the one closest to Regulus - centered just over my abdomen, surround by the starry night sky. I ran my fingers through my hair and added the finished touch: a silver band that wrapped around my upper arm. When I felt I was ready, I made my way down to the ballroom to find my date - Leo. His back was turned to the stairs when I noticed him. He was wearing a regal midnight black suit, paired with a tie that looked like his constellation. He hasn't worn that suit in a long time. "There you are, Leo. Were you waiting long?" I questioned as I placed my arm through his. Leo turned his eyes to take him in and his jaw dropped ever so slightly.

"You look - stars - there aren't words for how you look." He complimented me when his mind came back to him.

"You don't look half bad yourself. I haven't seen you wear that suit in a long time. Shall we join the party?" I teased him with a smile. With a smile of his own, he lead me inside the ballroom. The party was already in full swing, people dancing, eating, and drinking to their heart's content. Everyone I knew and didn't was having fun.

"Dance with me?" Leo requested.

"Of course. Might as well enjoy myself before I have to save Cana from being out-drank again." I answered as I saw Bacchus and Cana going against each other again out of the corner of my eye. Leo swept me off my feet to the middle of the dance floor. I've missed you so much, my Leo. We were the only ones dancing, but I didn't have a care in the world as long as I was in Leo's arms. After a few dances, we stepped off to the side to people watch. Oh dear. "We might want to step back." I commented as Yukino came upon Sabertooth. As one we stepped out of the way and against the wall to watch the spectacle. Sting apologized to her and asked her to rejoin the guild. Kagura, drunk, demanded she join Mermaid Heel, to everyone's surprise. Erza interrupted and multiple members of Fairy Tail said she should join our guild. Juvia and Lisanna disagreed. Blue Pegasus asked her to join them, and right after that Leon suggested she join Lamia Scale. Bacchus wanted her to join Quatro Cerberus. Even the master got involved in the argument. "Excuse me a moment, will you?" I asked.

"Of course. Go save her while you can." Leo released his hold on my hips to let me stand by Yukino.

"That's enough. Let the poor girl be. We've all been through a lot the past week and this is a big decision for anyone to make. Shame on all of you," I scolded them and faced Yukino, "Yukino, follow your heart, okay?" I gave her a smile and returned to Leo's side.

"I love you, you know. With all my heart and being." He whispered in my ear.

"I know. I love you, too, with everything I am." The guilds began to squabble and fight each other. The ballroom was a mess and Yukino was crying happy tears.

Arcadios spoke from a balcony above us, "Everyone stop this instant," he clanged his sword on the ground to get everyone's attention, "In honor of your performances during the games and for your bravery in facing the greatest danger that this kingdom has ever known, his majesty would like to personally deliver this message to you. Pay heed."

"Hi, Mister King!" Asuka cheered. The doors to the balcony slid open... and Natsu came walking out wearing the king's crown with the king in his Matoa outfit, jumping for it and the minister of defense behind them.

"Loyal subjects, shut up and listen!" Natsu laughed as 'Matoa' demanded his crown back. Only Natsu. "All hail, King Natsu! New ruler of Fiore!" Natsu continued to laugh. Arcadios tried to sick the assassin guild on Natsu, but after their last fight they were too scared to go after Natsu. Poor Gramps looked like her was going to keel over. I got tired of Natsu's shenanigans, and hopped up onto the balcony.

"Natsu." I growled at him. He froze and shrunk back, quietly passing the crown back to the king. Seeing that my work was done, I jumped back to the floor and rejoined Leo. The music started up again, and Leo and I decided to join everyone else in the dancing. Those couples dancing around us I saw were: Leon and Milliana, Eve (the snow pretty boy) and Leslie, Hibeki (the pretty boy who flirted with Cana) and one of the two girls from Mermaid Heel I didn't know (the shorter one) Erza and Kagura, the last pretty boy (Ren) and Shelia's older cousin (Sherry), Ichiya and Nichiya, Happy and Carla, Grey and Wendy - poor Juvia - Elfman and Evergreen, and Freed tried to ask Laxus to dance and failed. The princess spoke to her father about punishment and Arcadios stepped in to both defend her and take the blame. "The Colonel is in love with the princess." I informed Leo quietly.

"I see that." Lucy and Erza, Jura and Ichiya, even Natsu, Happy, and Laxus stepped up to defend her. More people defended her as well. Arcadios silenced them, and the king decided a punishment for her and they all demanded to be punished as well. The Matoa head? For a week? Really? Wow. Everyone kept saying 'pumpkin' and the king placed Matoa masks on all of them.

"Leo, let's get out of here before he tries to put a Matoa head on us, too." I requested.

"As you wish, pumpkin." I turned to look at him to see he was already wearing one.

"I am not kissing you with that on." I told him with a chuckle.