Chapter 15

--BaekHyun--

SaeIn finally came to me.. And she tried really hard for me to become more energized. She tried really hard to put a smile back on my face. She told me that she would be my eyes and with that, I was really thankful. It must be hard for her to take care of someone like me. But I was really grateful by the fact that she still stayed and was trying.

SaeIn and I folded some flowers that were called Forget-Me-Nots. I thought it really suited her.

Love and Hope.

She became my love and hope.

Thank you, SaeIn...

---------------

On the day of my discharge, we came back home and it was a little shocking for me. I used to live in this house but I didn't fully remember how it looked like. I can't grasp anything.. When I'm sitting on the sofa, I knew the feeling of it under me, but since everything was dark, I doubted if this really was the sofa that I used to sit on everyday.

I came out after taking a shower and I hear her laughing.

But why did ㅇㅇ's face appear in my head when I knew it was SaeIn ..?

Is it because I asked about ㅇㅇ a while ago in the cab ..? I don't know but I felt really bad.. Because of me, ㅇㅇ can't come home.. She might feel like she's a burden if she came back home.. And I feel really guilty for making her feel that way.. And I was curious to where and what she was doing right now..

I will also try.. I'll try not to have this feeling of remorse towards ㅇㅇ anymore.. When she comes back, I want to tell her that it wasn't her fault.. And that even though we can't be as close as we were back in the days, I still wish to remain friends and talk to one another. I will tell her once she comes back home. I couldn't think anymore due to the heavy sleepiness that was coming over me. I didn't do much today, but it was really tiring.

SaeIn helped me to my room because I was still unfamiliar with my own home. She helped me to my bed and I sat down.

My room .... I can picture it clearly in my head and I know where everything is.. But all I see in front of me is nothing..

"It's.. been a while ... My room ..."

But.. I can't see it ...

"Oppa .. Goodnight .."

I heard SaeIn's voice and realized she still hasn't left. I didn't want her to see all the painful and hurtful side of me. She tried so hard to get me to smile again, I didn't want to disappoint her. So I smiled at her.

"Yea," I replied.

I carefully laid down on the bed and close my eyes. Then I hear the door close and I knew she wasn't in the room.

Tears started to fall.

I didn't want her to hear me crying in the next door so I held onto the sounds that were coming out of my mouth. I lifted my arms to my eyes and covered them.

I don't even know why I'm crying anymore...

I don't even know ...

--------------------------

She says that she needs to buy something from the store and told me to stay home because I might be tired. I waited patiently for her to come back home while I was sitting on the couch and had the TV on. The TV wasn't that entertaining. It was just turned to a talk show channel and all I did was just listen to the different stories that was being told.

Then the phone rang. SaeIn handed it to me to keep next to me just in case before she left the house. She told me to always have it with me. I picked up the phone and searched for the call button with my fingers. I press it and bring the phone up to my ear.

"Hello ?" I answered.

"Yes, hello. This is Seoul University Hospital," the lady on the other end replied.

"Yes."

"May I speak with Ms. ㅇㅇㅇ ?"

"Excuse me ...? Did you ask for ㅇㅇㅇ ...?"

"Yes, is she not available ?"

"No ... She's not ...."

Why was she looking for ㅇㅇ .....?

"Do you know when she will be back ?" the lady asked.

"May I ask why you're asking for her ?" I asked.

"Oh, I need Ms. ㅇㅇㅇ to check and sign off the last few parts of the paper work."

....ㅇㅇ....? Signing off the paperwork ...?

"Umm .. Shouldn't it be a person named ㅇSaeIn who's signing the paperwork ...?"

"ㅇSaeIn ...? Umm, no, we don't have her on file.."

... What ...? I don't get what's going on ... It should be SaeIn ..?

"Then was it ㅇㅇㅇ that's been filing all the paperwork ..?"

"Yes, she was the one who did everything."

"Since when was ㅇㅇㅇthe one who signed the paper work ..?"

"She started from the beginning ..? She was the one who paid for the bills and signed the files."

"Umm ... Then who was with the patient ...?"

"I thought she was Ms. ㅇㅇㅇ.. Isn't she ...?"

..........

..... It was ㅇㅇ ...?

..... That's not right ....

It should've been with SaeIn ....

"Umm .. Do you think you can let her know that there are some last minute paper work that needs to be signed ?"

"Oh.. Yes.." I said and hung up.

I couldn't believe what I just heard... It was ㅇㅇ all this time ...?

No ... It couldn't have been .... People at the hospital might have misunderstood her for ㅇㅇ cause they had the same face, body, and voice.. They must have mistaken them ...

Suddenly, I remember things that I haven't really noticed when they actually happened.

The fact thatㅇㅇ liked to fold origami and she would always have paper with her as a kid.

The spicy rice cakes were a little more spicier than what I remember eating.

The time when we argued about taking a shower, she wasn't at all embarrassed.

And when I was done taking a shower, her laughter that reminded me of ㅇㅇ instead of SaeIn.

Why didn't I figure this out before ...? Why didn't I realize it was ㅇㅇ all this time...?

I felt so ... angry ... Why would she lie to me ?? Why did she pretend to be SaeIn ??

Where ... Where is SaeIn ...?

I got up and carefully went towards SaeIn's room, feeling where I was going. Her room was right next to mine so it wasn't that hard to get there. I opened the door and followed the wall to my left. When I finally felt the closet, I opened it up. I put my hands inside to see if there were clothes. There was not much.

SaeIn was a fashion designer so she should have had many clothes in her closet. I remember how she would always have new clothes and not even wear most of them.

So .... SaeIn is the one that left ....?