Chapter 19

--Narrator--

<1 year later>

"BaekHyun, I would like to introduce you to the photographer you will be working with, Park ChanYeol," says the president.

It was a year after his surgery and BaekHyun became a main producer for a show called "Love and Hope". The show focuses on families and friends going through rough times caused by a disease or an accident. It started 6 months ago and the popularity of the show was incomparable to other shows. People were compassionate about the stories of those who were going to hard times.

The president of SBC thought that it was a waste to have these touching moments in a show. And so BaekHyun suggested that they opened a photo gallery so that these beautiful moments could be forever remembered through pictures.

Viewers loved the idea and supported the project. The gallery was free, but if anyone would like to, the donations and offerings were given the families in need of medical expenses. Of course the families involved were fine with the project as well.

So with the help and acceptance of many, the Love and Hope Project has officially started.

It was Byun BaekHyun who came up with the ideas and provided guidance.

It was Park ChanYeol who will provide photos that will capture the moments.

"Hello, I'm Park ChanYeol, and I'll be in charge of all the photos."

"Yes, hello. I'm the main producer for Love and Hope, Byun BaekHyun."

The two shared a handshake. But both of them could tell something was not that foreign.

--ChanYeol--

Byun BaekHyun ... Couldn't be... Could he ..?

--BaekHyun--

His voice sounds familiar...

--Narrator--

The two set aside the strange thoughts that kept bothering them and focused on the meeting.

-------------

After the meeting was over, everyone gathered their things and started to head out. Chanyeol got up, but before he walked out the door, he received a call. BaekHyun was also in the conference room, gathering up his paper work. He didn't intend on listening to ChanYeol's conversation.

"Hello ? No, I just ended. Oh really ? Then do you want me to pick some up on the way or do you want to go shopping together ? Okay, I'll head over right now. Okay, bye."

ChanYeol hung up the phone. BaekHyun didn't eavesdrop, he just happened to be in the room. BaekHyun thought he would have to become close to ChanYeol sooner or later and so he spoke up.

"Was that your wife ?" BaekHyun asked.

"Haha, do I look that old to you ??" ChanYeol replied, a little shocked.

"Huh ?? Oh no !! I just thought... Cause I thought I heard a woman's voice through the phone and you sounded really ... Loving ...?"

"Haha, really ?? I guess you're right. I do love her very much."

"Then is she your girlfriend ?"

As soon as BaekHyun asked the question, he saw the pain in the smile ChanYeol had on his face.

"No .. She's not my wife.. Nor is she my girlfriend.. She's just the woman I love ..." ChanYeol replied.

"I'm sorry.. I feel like I've intruded on something that's not my business.."

"Haha, it's alright. Then I'll be taking my leave. I don't want her waiting for me for too long."

"Oh, yes, of course. I'm sorry for holding you back."

"It's fine, then I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you then," BaekHyun said.

Both of them shared a bow and ChanYeol headed for home. BaekHyun finished organizing the paperwork and started to head home too.

BaekHyun remembered that he didn't have anything in the fridge for him to eat so he stopped by the supermarket to get some groceries. He grabbed some food and was just casually strolling around the supermarket to see if he needed anything else. But then he noticed someone familiar through the corner of his eye. He was surprised and quickly turned his eyes towards the area but there was no one there.

"Ha .... Did it become a habit ...?" he asked himself. "Am I getting hallucinations ...?"

He stood there for a minute before he realized how stupid he was being. He then paid for his things and started heading for home.

Once he got home, he opened the door and walked inside to the empty house.

After ㅇㅇ was gone, he sat down and had a talk with SaeIn. SaeIn told him how she came back because ㅇㅇ asked her to. After SaeIn told him everything from her side of the story, she admitted that she didn't have the courage to stay in the same house as him. BaekHyun told her that she could stay and the he was alright with it, but SaeIn wouldn't dare, and so she left.

BaekHyun tried to search for ㅇㅇ. He called everyone he could contact and asked about her whereabouts but no one had any information about her.

ㅇㅇ was an art dealer and she owned an art gallery. I tried to ask the employees if they had seen her come in, but they told him that they were not allowed to give personal information out. It seemed as if ㅇㅇ was avoiding BaekHyun. He asked anyone and everyone he knew but nobody knew.

BaekHyun went into the kitchen and placed all his groceries in place and made a simple meal for himself. He sat down at the dinner table alone and started eating..

He was hoping that filling himself up would get rid of the feeling of emptiness inside him.