One Night

I looked up at him and smiled, I was so in love it felt as if I was flying, as if we were somewhere special in our own world where no one could see us.

he caught me staring and I melted at the sight of his beautiful grey eyes, it was nighttime yet they were still shinning just as brightly.

his hand was tangled in my hair, and his mouth slowly formed into a smile, 'what is it?', he asked in a certain way, a way of saying what is it you're thinking about?, he knew me so well, too well maybe.

I shook my head slightly, 'I just feel infinite', he raised an eyebrow, I chuckled, I confuse myself sometimes so I don't blame him.

'I feel like we're one step ahead of life, like life doesn't have anything on us, we're free, fast, happy, we're infinite'.

'still not quite following'.

I sat up excitedly, I missed the contact between us, but being a smartass couldn't wait.

'we're two little stars living in a huge galaxy, we collide and our surroundings don't matter anymore, we built our own world, we are our own galaxy'.

'but we have a world, we have a reality'.

'Mathew focus, you love me right?'.

'more than anything'.

my brain almost turned to mush and I could've lost my trail of thoughts but I needed to make a point so I smiled and continued on explaining.

'love is our key'.

'it's what we need to unlock that world'.

he sighed, 'why do you hate our world so much?'.

'it's restrictive, judgmental, confusing, that of course is not the universe's fault, it's humanity's'.

'so you're saying that when we're together we're in an alternative universe where the sky is the limit?'.

'yes, except that sky isn't my limit, you are'.

'you're always overthinking'.

'but you love it'.

'I love it'.

it won't totally make sense to him and I get it, I don't think I can make complete sense of it myself, but I know one thing, I wanted to stay in this universe forever.