Chapter 1

The doors to Riverdale High swung open and the infamous Betty Cooper stepped through the door. Her outfit, sexy as ever, including a white crop top, leather jacket, lace-up black boots and a tight, short leather skirt. Her blond locks hung around her shoulders and her classic red lips stood out on her immaculate face.

Jughead Jones watched from his locker as the boys of Riverdale high drooled and dropped to their knees at the sight of her. He scoffed and turned back to grab his books. It was the start of the new school year, new classes, new friendship groups, new relationships. Jughead glanced down at his timetable, confirming he did indeed have English first period. He headed up the stairs to the top floor and entered the classroom.

Not long after he took a seat Betty waltzed into the classroom. Immediately everyone moved over to allow space for Betty to sit, she dropped her books on to the desk next to her best friend, Veronica Lodge and they began to talk. "Don't get too comfortable with your seats, last year I allowed my class to choose their seats and it didn't end well, this year I choose," Mr Laker said with a smirk. "B, if we aren't sitting next to each other I will have a mental breakdown and you will have to take me shopping!" Veronica huffed. Betty giggled and replied with "You'll be fine V."

"In the front row, we have Reggie, Dilton, Toni and Cheryl. Middle row, Archie, Veronica, Kevin and Moose and back row, Josie, Valerie, Jughead and Betty. No switching, if you don't like who you're sitting next to, suck it up because I don't care," Mr Laker spoke with a bored almost fed up tone.

*JUGPOV:*

Great, I am stuck sitting next to her, THE most popular girl in Riverdale High and most likely a stuck up bitch too. I picked up my books and dumped them under my new seat and slumped into my chair, sulking for the rest of the lesson.

Finally, the bell rang and I could leave this hell hole and head to my next class.

*LATER AT LUNCH*

I headed towards the canteen (cafeteria) to pick up my lunch when I passed Betty's table. "Poor Betty is stuck sitting next to that weirdo Jones boy in English," Veronica sighed. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Betty, she didn't reply but just stared at the apple on her plate. I huffed and walked off to get my lunch.

I walked back past their table with my lunch when Betty's giggle at something Cheryl had said caught my attention. I had never realised how cute and innocent her laugh was. I smiled to myself and continued to walk to the tree where I always had my lunch.

I slumped against the tree trunk and pulled out my book, it was a book on murder mysteries and usually, I could put myself in the story, really absorb what was happening and get really involved but I couldn't concentrate on the story because my mind kept wondering over to Betty and her cute laugh. I sighed and shut my book, heading back to my locker to prepare for my next class.

I couldn't concentrate in any of my classes, my mind kept wondering back to Betty! In science I found myself staring at her until "Oi Jones, what you lookin at?" escaped her cherry red lips. I snapped out of my trance and felt my face heat up. "Nothing blondie, shouldn't you be taking notes?" I replied, covering up that embarrassing moment. She rolled her eyes and turned back to her notebook. "Whatever," she mumbled, picking up her pen.