Chapter 5

BETTYPOV

I made my way down the hallway, books in my hands. I was still confused about what happened the other night with Jughead. I was deep in thought when I felt a light smack against my butt cheek. I felt my face heat up, I spun around, hand raised...  "Whoa! Hey, it's just me," Jughead quickly yelled before my hand came in contact with his cheek. I didn't hesitate to slap him, hard too. His cheek was red and raw and my hand stung after the hard impact.

"Don't ever do that again," I said through gritted teeth. "Okay, I'm sorry!" Jughead spat. "Listen, I don't know what happened the other night and frankly I don't care, leave me alone," I hissed. 

JUGPOV:

"Honestly I was wrong to assume you had some kindness in you, turns out you really are just a stone-cold bitch," I yelled, rather cruelly. As if things weren't bad enough already, I watched as two arms snaked around Betty's waist from behind, pulling her close. I felt my face heat up in anger and I flashed my eyes upwards, allowing them to rest on Archie's face which was currently busy planting sloppy kisses down Betty's neck. "Hey BABE," Betty emphasised, not removing her vicious glare that rests upon me. I pursed my lips together and bit my tongue, attempting to prevent myself from saying something stupid but when Betty cupped Archie's jaw with her dainty, little hand and pulled him into a soft yet lingering kiss I felt jealousy and rage boil inside me. "You filthy little whore," I yelled. Archie jumped off Betty, furious, ready to throw a punch. "Calm down babe, he's not worth it," Archie immediately backed down, not removing his eyes from me. 

BETTYPOV:

Jughead lent in close, really close. His hot breath smelt like a combination of cigarettes and mint gum. "You made a mistake sweetheart," Jughead growled, his lips gently brushing against my ear as he spoke. He was angry and it was obvious. I felt my neck and face heat up as I tried to fight the blush, threatening to ruin my social status. He leant forward once more and kissed me on the cheek. "See you later at the wyrm princess," he whispered. As he pulled away I shoved a smile back down my throat and instead a pathetic little grunt came out. I blushed so hard and my hand quickly came to cover my mouth. Then out of nowhere, Archie's fist made contact with Jughead's head. "Don't you dare even look at my girlfriend," Archie breathed, furious. Jughead surprisingly just chuckled. "Arch you've never been a bright one have you? You're not good enough for her, neither am I but at least I'm better than you. She doesn't love you. Heck, she doesn't even like you and it's obvious. Go find yourself another dumb blond cause this one is mine, she belongs to me, not you," His tone began as a light-hearted laugh almost but quickly turned to a sharp, almost evil growl. Both Archie and I stood there gaping like fish at Jughead's words. He wouldn't make eye contact with either of us. He looked down, immediately regretting what he had just said. (The tea is howt sisters) He kicked the floor hard before storming off. As he stomped by the hall, he stopped outside my locker and raised his fist. Still, in shock at the recent events, I didn't say anything to stop him. He punched the metal door to my locker hard, so hard the metal moulded around his fist. 

"Babe, don't worry about him, he's a jerk and obviously wrong I mean I am so good enough for you, I mean you're probably not good enough for me. No offence and all," Archie rambled. (Classic Archie, what an idiot! aha) I sighed in exhaustion, "Archie just shut up and go away, I am tired of dealing with you." I was angry too now, angry at Jughead and angry at Archie. 

*Later at lunch*

JUGPOV:

Betty had spent the day with a sharp scowl on her face, no matter how many free manicures or shopping trips Veronica promised her she wouldn't light up. I watched from the table I sat on in the corner as Jessica approached her. Betty hates Jessica, always has, always will. After all, if my best friend tried to poison and kill my parents I would hate them too. Yes, that did actually happen and yes Betty's parents survived although Betty's father left her and her mother two years ago and since then Betty's mother, Alice Cooper has been a sour, bitter person.

"Betty, you shouldn't be eating so much, I can already see fat rolls hugging your sides," Jessica whined, an evil smirk plastered across her face. I glanced down at Betty's tray, there was nothing but an Apple there. "I'm not in the mood Jessica," Betty whispered, barely audible. 

"I heard you and that Jones weirdo got freaky in the bathroom," Jess sneered. Betty snapped, it finally happened. She threw her apple to the side and stood up. The students began to huddle in, eager to see what Betty would do, many filmed the heated argument. Betty pushed through the people and ran over to me. I was so confused but when she picked up my chocolate milkshake I immediately know what she was going to do. I jumped up and ran after her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back to me. Her body slammed against mine and I quickly locked my arms around her. Leaning down I whisper in her ear, "You don't have to do this, come with me, princess." She sighed and I put my arm around her and began to guide her away from the crowd. "I knew it. You are such a slut, Betty Cooper. You can't even keep a boyfriend! You are just a fat nobody. You have no friends, no one liked you, they just like your body and looks. That's the only reason you're popular. I knew you were bad but I didn't think you would stoop low enough to beg for Jughead to get heated with you." Jess yelled. Betty slipped out from under my arm and ran up to Jess. Purpose and fury in her step. She stopped right in front of Jess, smiled sweetly before tipping the chocolate milkshake over Jess's perfectly blonde and straightened hair. "You're a bitch Jessica, go drop dead for all I care," Betty warned, her voice cold and threatening. Looking pleased with herself Betty walked back over to me and slid herself back under my arm. I am so confused. 

A/N Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. To compensate for my absence I have written up a nice juicy chapter for you all. I hope you enjoyed it! Make sure to vote and comment <3 See you guys soon! :) xx

G